| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First official report of interviews so I figured that he gave permission. Typically if he doesn’t want it out it doesn’t get out.

The leak probably came from UW side (would be in their interest to do so), but when guys are traveling across the country to interview, harder to keep a lid on that... too many people involved at that point usually.

Unlike the DC hire, it was always highly likely that the OC hire would come out of left field... Grubb would certainly qualify there. Don't know if he will be offered for sure, or accept it if so, but making the trek to Tuscaloosa is a sure sign there's legit interest on both sides. He isn't fishing for a raise either... UW just bumped him up to $2 million a year, which gives you an idea of how they feel about him. From what I understand, Saban reached out to Jeff Tedford and received a strong recommendation which got the ball rolling.

Unlike the DC hire, it was always highly likely that the OC hire would come out of left field... Grubb would certainly qualify there. Don't know if he will be offered for sure, or accept it if so, but making the trek to Tuscaloosa is a sure sign there's legit interest on both sides. He isn't fishing for a raise either... UW just bumped him up to $2 million a year, which gives you an idea of how they feel about him. From what I understand, Saban reached out to Jeff Tedford and received a strong recommendation which got the ball rolling.
He's good. Hope we land him. If not him, then I hope we get Svoboda. I just hope Pruitt is able to be named the DC soon, I love defensive football.... and to see Alabama regress defensively, physically hurts me to watch. Watching film of Pruitt's 2016-2017 defenses, and comparing it to the last 4 years under Golding makes me nauseous.

Never heard of this guy, so very happy to hear comments on here in favor of him.

I did wonder how Penix was able to resurrect his career after he fell off last year after his ACL injury. Washington looked good when I was able to stay up and watch this past year.

He's good. Hope we land him. If not him, then I hope we get Svoboda. I just hope Pruitt is able to be named the DC soon, I love defensive football.... and to see Alabama regress defensively, physically hurts me to watch. Watching film of Pruitt's 2016-2017 defenses, and comparing it to the last 4 years under Golding makes me nauseous.
You don’t want Svoboda…Tulane’s offense was run by TE’s coach Slade Nagle this year. Willie Fritz wasn’t seeing the results the he needed to see during practice so he divided the teams into 2 squads one coached Svoboda and the other by Nagle. Nagle’s team was much more successful on offense so Fritz handed control of the offense to Nagle. Svoboda is actually seeking other opportunities closer to his family in the Midwest.

If he comes to Alabama, it will be Alabama’s offense. He’ll be allowed to make a few tweaks, not install a new offense.
That's not exactly accurate. Yes Saban has some key elements of his offense he wants installed but you can just look at our previous OCs and see the differences in their schemes vs themes that stay throughout the Saban era.

Maybe Saban should interview Mike Rolovich for OC… got fired at Washington St for refusing clot shot mandates…He is currently suing WSU for violating his rights…He is a good offensive coach…He is now coaching some of Cali high powered high schools.. could recruit Cali and west coast… Ran a pistol offense with rpo and run and shoot (early).

You don’t want Svoboda…Tulane’s offense was run by TE’s coach Slade Nagle this year. Willie Fritz wasn’t seeing the results the he needed to see during practice so he divided the teams into 2 squads one coached Svoboda and the other by Nagle. Nagle’s team was much more successful on offense so Fritz handed control of the offense to Nagle. Svoboda is actually seeking other opportunities closer to his family in the Midwest.
I need to look more into this then. Whoever ran that offense, I'd like to have him here.

Never say never, but I doubt he gets it as of now. Things could change, especially if we cant hire Pruitt. Wish we could've gotten Schumann, but that doesn't appear to be happening. And if we did hire him, it only be for a year until Pruitt's stuff works itself out. I'm all in on Pruitt coming back, worst the showcause can do is limit his recruiting, it's Alabama.... they're gonna get a top 5 class at least every year as long as Saban is there.

Todd Gran-THAM is about to unleash some May-HAM with this defense. Are yall ready to rock or what??!!
images

Please no on Grantham... To me he is an older version of PG. It does not appear he can sustain excellence on D. Maybe a great year here and there but consistently?

Please no on Grantham... To me he is an older version of PG. It does not appear he can sustain excellence on D. Maybe a great year here and there but consistently?

I think the Grantham talk is a tad premature... not to say it might not be him in the end, it certainly could. If it is though, it will be more of a stop gap hire... not a long haul hire. It would also put Grantham in a position where he has more talent on the field than any other stop in his career. Add to that, he'd have better coaching assistance on that side of the ball that he's ever had either. Above all else, it would mean that Saban trusts him to get the job done, which should count for something when looking at Saban's batting average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom