| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Tennessee gets hit with sanctions which follow Pruitt to Alabama and now the Tide has fewer recruiting visits, or fewer scholarships, you better believe I'll be upset, then.

Irrational comments like yours don't bother me.
Me, and others on here have already discussed this a few times. If he does get hit with sanctions, then we'd just fire him. It won't affect Bama if we just get rid of him. There's also another option, just bring him back doing something else. He wasn't my first option, Glenn Schumann was. But thats looking unlikely now. Saban is going after him hard right now, he wants him. If we hire him, I'm confident he won't be hit with anything because Saban has meticulously gone through this for a month. We'll see.

That's what Jim Dunaway said in his tweet a year ago when he posted Long was going to Oregon. He (JD) said he was getting his first on the field coaching job as Oregon's ILB coach. That's Tosh's job.

Jake was a GA for the defense.
Was he just wrong, or did they feel he wasnt ready for an on the field job yet? Can't find anything about it.

Yeah, that's weird. Don't know if he actually has people in the program tell him stuff. But that sounds like he made it up.

Re: the Dunaway stuff, would imagine he was posting what was passed along to him. He isn't a regular "news breaker" like Zenitz or someone... but if he's breaking news on Long both last year and this year, then he has a very close source/connection to Long.

Re: the Dunaway stuff, would imagine he was posting what was passed along to him. He isn't a regular "news breaker" like Zenitz or someone... but if he's breaking news on Long both last year and this year, then he has a very close source/connection to Long.
Not familiar with him. Wasn't sure if he was one of those that just say whatever they here or see. A lot of these guys pose as a reliable source when they're in no way connected to the programs.

If Coach isn’t able to make Pruitt DC immediately then I agree make him an analyst…My choice world then be Charlie Strong. Make them both agree to work together once Pruitt is cleared whenever that happens. Charlie can be Assistant Head Coach and Pruitt can be DC. They can both do game planning during the week but it’s Pruitt’s show calling plays on Saturday. If not Strong bring back Derek Ansley because Pruitt will agree to work with him.

Forget Schumann…he’s obviously butt buddies with Kirby or Coach value Pruitt that much more. Leonard? I’m not goo goo for him because Wisconsin’s defense wasn’t any better than Alabama’s defense. Wisconsin didn’t exactly play against explosive teams or against speed in the Big 10 minis Ohio St or Penn St. I think Leonard is above average but I think Pruitt is light years ahead of him and also think Strong is better. Strong was good at South Carolina and Florida.

If Coach isn’t able to make Pruitt DC immediately then I agree make him an analyst…My choice world then be Charlie Strong. Make them both agree to work together once Pruitt is cleared whenever that happens. Charlie can be Assistant Head Coach and Pruitt can be DC. They can both do game planning during the week but it’s Pruitt’s show calling plays on Saturday. If not Strong bring back Derek Ansley because Pruitt will agree to work with him.

Forget Schumann…he’s obviously butt buddies with Kirby or Coach value Pruitt that much more. Leonard? I’m not goo goo for him because Wisconsin’s defense wasn’t any better than Alabama’s defense. Wisconsin didn’t exactly play against explosive teams or against speed in the Big 10 minis Ohio St or Penn St. I think Leonard is above average but I think Pruitt is light years ahead of him and also think Strong is better. Strong was good at South Carolina and Florida.

FWIW, there's a lot of good things Pruitt could do as an analyst, but rules would prevent him from being able to run the defense during games.

I'm down for Strong. I'd still like to have Schumann, but it doesn't appear to be happening. If we can make Pruitt the DC, then let's just do it. If sanctions come, then get rid of him. He's cleared to coach, just wish fuckface NCAA would go away with this shit. What he was doing is completely legal now.

FWIW, there's a lot of good things Pruitt could do as an analyst, but rules would prevent him from being able to run the defense during games.
The biggest help there on game day if he winds up an analyst would be to focus the playbook to best negate the strengths of the opposing team and prep the DC for what they need to call when. Then hope they do it right.

Yeah I was just saying bring him on as an analyst if he will do agree to it. I know he would have a positive impact on game planning. If he couldn’t get cleared in time for this season then roll with Strong. If he wouldn’t agree to that plan with Strong then maybe he would agree to it with Ansley since they coached together at Alabama and he had Ansley as his DC at Tennessee.

For those that know more about this than me, how long can Bama go without a DC before it starts to negatively affect the team? I know there's still a good bit of time, but realistically how long after signing day does it need to happen? Surely someone has to be place well before spring practice.

For those that know more about this than me, how long can Bama go without a DC before it starts to negatively affect the team? I know there's still a good bit of time, but realistically how long after signing day does it need to happen? Surely someone has to be place well before spring practice.
I am old and tired so I am just going to let Nick handle.

It will be done by this time next Saturday.

Me, and others on here have already discussed this a few times. If he does get hit with sanctions, then we'd just fire him. It won't affect Bama if we just get rid of him. There's also another option, just bring him back doing something else. He wasn't my first option, Glenn Schumann was. But thats looking unlikely now. Saban is going after him hard right now, he wants him. If we hire him, I'm confident he won't be hit with anything because Saban has meticulously gone through this for a month. We'll see.
If you know there’s a chance he may need to be fired, why hire him? I don’t think he could be fired for cause since he didn’t do something at Alabama to be a reason. Then you’d just owe him his contract value (which isn’t going to be cheap).

Todd Grantham is a much better choice than Charlie Strong. He can't maintain a solid defense; in the first few years of his tenure(s) they're hot and then fall off.

Strong hasn't been able to field a decent defense since we saw the game flip to offense in the last decade. Literally, Ole Miss had a better defense last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom