| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebby is a great fit. Tempo, run heavy, with the downfield shots. I'm still told his to turn down.
I think that Lebby would be a great fit! The ability to go up tempo when needed, run heavy, with those hard play action deep shots. I thought he did well at OU this past season. It was the defensive side that failed OU.

b93eff71c21a4c78095a22005b116513.jpg

Re: the OC... a couple of things I've heard that are important to Saban... not necessarily requirement, but a couple of things that are among his considerations. 1- Bringing in an OC who has HC experience. He always values former head coaches on his staff, and overall, the staff on that side of the ball is pretty young (average age is 43, with zero HC experience). 2- This is apparently more of an overall emphasis that may apply to the OC as well, but getting a guy(s) who is familiar with Alabama under Saban, knows, understands, and appreciates all that goes with it. That's not to say it won't be someone like Lebby (who I think is definitely in the mix based on agent chatter), Brian Johnson, etc...

Feel comfortable saying that Pruitt will be on the staff in some capacity, just depends which position. There are 100 reasons Pruitt's presence is needed on the field and back in the football building. For one, look no further than that second to last last line in the first paragraph. Pruitt is loyal and loves Alabama. He isn't a "Yes Man" though. He will give Saban direct feedback that very few others are willing (or brave enough) to give. That voice has been missed. And it isn't personal with Pruitt, it's just his personality, much like Saban's in that regard. He can be difficult to work with, and many consider him an asshole, but when it comes to winning he has zero tolerance for anything other than perfection. If you need them, you can probably go back and find the other 99 reasons on other pages in this thread. Until it happens officially, anything can happen, but a lot of work and discussions have been put into hiring him. Not a question of can they, but will they. It sounds like they will.

Appreciate you sharing all of this. For folks like me it's great to hear and watch unfold and learning more and more about the inner workings of the program. Roll Tide Sir.

And it isn't personal with Pruitt, it's just his personality, much like Saban's in that regard. He can be difficult to work with, and many consider him an asshole,
He's pissed off a lot of high school coaches.

Ya know ... It has taken him awhile to grown into this skin he wears. You'll remember when Lance took over Mobile because JP was getting his worn out down there.

He's pissed off a lot of high school coaches.

Ya know ... It has taken him awhile to grown into this skin he wears. You'll remember when Lance took over Mobile because JP was getting his worn out down there
What exactly was that about anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom