| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Bill Clark.. turned out to be a super coach..
Malzoon… yuk..yeah I know.. but still a good coach anyway
Trent Dilfer… maybe…

Pete was a secondary guy forced to coach i lbs..
Thing is, CNS doesn't have to go this route, just depends on whether or not he wants a "project" for an up and comer. There's a boat load of very experienced and proven coaches out there. Pretty sure he'll do what he wants without calling me, don't know what's up with that, but he never calls. :p ;)

Thing is, CNS doesn't have to go this route, just depends on whether or not he wants a "project" for an up and comer. There's a boat load of very experienced and proven coaches out there. Pretty sure he'll do what he wants without calling me, don't know what's up with that, but he never calls. :p ;)

Check your phone. May be on Do Not Disturb or have him Blocked. Not like him not to call.

Must be. I got tired of him calling me asking for advice. Just wish I hadn't put my phone on Do Not Disturb before he started Milroe . . .
What does he expect? You were probably right in the middle of the "Artemis 1" project. Get distracted and "Boom" faulty engine temp. readings and a Hydrogen leak during fuel up. ;)

Re: the OC... a couple of things I've heard that are important to Saban... not necessarily requirement, but a couple of things that are among his considerations. 1- Bringing in an OC who has HC experience. He always values former head coaches on his staff, and overall, the staff on that side of the ball is pretty young (average age is 43, with zero HC experience). 2- This is apparently more of an overall emphasis that may apply to the OC as well, but getting a guy(s) who is familiar with Alabama under Saban, knows, understands, and appreciates all that goes with it. That's not to say it won't be someone like Lebby (who I think is definitely in the mix based on agent chatter), Brian Johnson, etc...

Feel comfortable saying that Pruitt will be on the staff in some capacity, just depends which position. There are 100 reasons Pruitt's presence is needed on the field and back in the football building. For one, look no further than that second to last last line in the first paragraph. Pruitt is loyal and loves Alabama. He isn't a "Yes Man" though. He will give Saban direct feedback that very few others are willing (or brave enough) to give. That voice has been missed. And it isn't personal with Pruitt, it's just his personality, much like Saban's in that regard. He can be difficult to work with, and many consider him an asshole, but when it comes to winning he has zero tolerance for anything other than perfection. If you need them, you can probably go back and find the other 99 reasons on other pages in this thread. Until it happens officially, anything can happen, but a lot of work and discussions have been put into hiring him. Not a question of can they, but will they. It sounds like they will.

While I usually hate to see anyone lose their job, I love this time of year with all the speculation and seeing how the dominoes fall.

I hope Kingsbury coaches a local Thai team. Here's one guy that falls upwards into positions. Never understood Bidwell Jr. hiring that guy with a losing record to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom