| FTBL The status of Tyler Harrell

252BAMA

AKA: ALA2262
Anyone have any inside info on his foot injury? Since it's so obvious this year as well as last, that A$M prepares only for Bama until they play Bama, It sure would be sweet to have a secret weapon to spring on them.

I haven't heard a word. That's not saying much, but I wasn't even aware Earle was playing against Arkansas. I would like to add Aaron Anderson in there as well. Any news on the two burners?

What some people think they can do, sometimes they just can't.
What some people think they can't do, they can.

Foot injuries are a tricky thing. Just like seeing guys come back from major knee injuries there's a mental rehabilitation as well as physical.

What some people think they can do, sometimes they just can't.
What some people think they can't do, they can.

Foot injuries are a tricky thing. Just like seeing guys come back from major knee injuries there's a mental rehabilitation as well as physical.

Are we just saying he would still be a weapon playing like this at Louisville, but at Alabama he'd be holding us back?

More than once, in one form or another, I've heard this in regard to Harrell: "there's a difference between playing hurt at Louisville and playing hurt at Alabama."
Are you saying he played hurt at Louisville, or if he was still at Louisville he would be playing hurt?

I'm sorry, but what? Why would he be playing at Louisville right now if he's not able to in Tuscaloosa?
Or, are you saying that sometimes there is a difference between pain & injury, and that at places like Alabama (and the stress CNS puts you under in practice) you push through more. Where at places like Louisville you maybe “coast” a little more?

At the end of the day, every player has to be in good head space wear the Crimson jersey & play on that field. Legitimate injury pangs or not, Harrell has got to get together if he wants to make a difference.

And there are plenty of other players who can fill the need.

I'm sorry, but what? Why would he be playing at Louisville right now if he's not able to in Tuscaloosa?

You said there is a difference in playing hurt at Louisville and playing hurt at Alabama. You basically left it up for a lot of interpretation, so I was attempting to fill the blanks for anyone still unsure of what his situation was, including myself.

Just trying to get some answers to questions that came to mind with your comment.
Was he hurt at Louisville? Which is why he had so few receptions?
If so, was he trying to play through it?
Or was he limited in his play because of it? His YPC indicates he was playing at full speed when he was playing.
If the answer to any of those are yes, then why did he enter the portal? His 29 YPC and 18 receptions indicates he was being under utilized and wanted out. If not and it was because of injury, then why would he blame the few receptions on anything else?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom