| FTBL Trent Dilfer Heading to UAB as new head coach (UA's Mortensen named OC)

Good hire? Currently coaches at Lipscomb Academy on the south side of Nashville.
I saw a little of the story where he worked with Tua after his injury and during COVID.... it was pretty good, as far as a good hire as a HC, I have no idea.

Good? Remains to be seen. Definitely risky. He's been a high school coach for all of 4 years. And, after I posted in another thread, it appears he has absolutely no loyalty to where he is coaching at the moment. It appears he bailed on them the day before their championship game.

EDIT: I was wrong. He is not bailing on them.

Last edited:
I hate he bailed on his Lipscomb team before their state championship game at 11am tomorrow. He’s done incredible things at Lipscomb in 4 years, but i realize it isn’t college. The program was in the crapper and he’s played for 3 titles in 4 years. Developed a number of D-1 players and prospects. Getting players to the ‘Ham will be tougher than getting them to Lipscomb though. But he’s very well respected around the state here for his work the last 4 years. Well, outside of the video of his shoving one of his players after he back talked him. Lol But I’ve heard the players dad supported the shove. Players dad was an NFL punter.

He didn’t bail on those kids at Lipscomb Academy. Report is that he is headed back right after the presser to coach the team Saturday for the state championship.
Articles make it sound like he stepped down immediately. I'll admit to not knowing since I am nowhere near there.

EDIT: Found an article that is much clearer on it and he will be coaching them.

I hate he bailed on his Lipscomb team before their state championship game at 11am tomorrow. He’s done incredible things at Lipscomb in 4 years, but i realize it isn’t college. The program was in the crapper and he’s played for 3 titles in 4 years. Developed a number of D-1 players and prospects. Getting players to the ‘Ham will be tougher than getting them to Lipscomb though. But he’s very well respected around the state here for his work the last 4 years. Well, outside of the video of his shoving one of his players after he back talked him. Lol But I’ve heard the players dad supported the shove. Players dad was an NFL punter.
Found that the other articles were wrong, or at least very unclear. He is coaching them.

Articles make it sound like he stepped down immediately. I'll admit to not knowing since I am nowhere near there.

EDIT: Found an article that is much clearer on it and he will be coaching them.

No big deal! I had just heard it on the radio and was passing it along.

That’s great that he’s sticking with them. The news around town was he was out today. That would have been bad since the game is tomorrow at 11am. Great to hear that he’s staying. And sorry, I wasn’t just passing along hearsay, the local media said he resigned effective immediately. That usually means that minute.

That’s great that he’s sticking with them. The news around town was he was out today. That would have been bad since the game is tomorrow at 11am. Great to hear that he’s staying. And sorry, I wasn’t just passing along hearsay, the local media said he resigned effective immediately. That usually means that minute.
No apologies necessary! Lord knows it wouldn’t be the first time that the media has pushed disinformation.

I think UAB AD Mark Ingram is positioning himself for a better job if he wants one, especially if this Dilfer hire works out... He's been pretty impressive navigating some of the issues they faced and has made 3 solid hires with football, basketball (Andy Kennedy), and baseball (Casey Dunn) in the last couple years.

Back
Top Bottom