| RECRUIT Three New Five Stars For Alabama - Rivals

BamaFan334

We had three more five stars named today by Rivals. All had amazing All-Star seasons and probably should have had another in Shazz Preston.

Aaron Anderson, Jihaad Campbell, and Elijah Pritchett. These guys made a huge impression and we are looking strong. Anderson can't be covered, Campbell is just a physical guy with the ability to take the next step, and Pritchett is a massive dude scraping the surface with his abilities.

Anybody got anything on five star, Herald Perkins? I haven't heard anything about him coming to Alabama, but then had an Alabama article about it popped up on Yahoo that it is a possibility. Just curious.

We had three more five stars named today by Rivals. All had amazing All-Star seasons and probably should have had another in Shazz Preston.

Aaron Anderson, Jihaad Campbell, and Elijah Pritchett. These guys made a huge impression and we are looking strong. Anderson can't be covered, Campbell is just a physical guy with the ability to take the next step, and Pritchett is a massive dude scraping the surface with his abilities.

Anybody got anything on five star, Herald Perkins? I haven't heard anything about him coming to Alabama, but then had an Alabama article about it popped up on Yahoo that it is a possibility. Just curious.
What effect on the rankings does this make if any?

That Bama Bounce is real.

Great job REC.

What effect on the rankings does this make if any?

Not sure yet. They do a three day deal where they leak this stuff for content little by little. I don't think we will see the full affect until Wednesday/Thursday when they release their overall rankings. That was just the new five stars for the cycle. This is the last rankings update, so this is how they will go down forever.

I believe I read that once Perkins backed away from his commit to the Fighting Jimbo's the points drop placed Alabama's last year class back as the highest ranked class ever.
That’s correct … and if they don’t end up signing Perkins or Shemar Stewart or Jacoby Matthews they should stay below Bama’s record. A few days ago it appeared they were a lock to break the record. Bama having 3 guys adding a 5th Star on Rivals will also affect the 247 Composite. If an A&M player or two loses their 5th star, it’s possible Bama could end up with the top class. That would chap Jimbo’s fanny and make him reword his best class ever spiel he’s been talking about to boosters. I do hope that happens.

That’s correct … and if they don’t end up signing Perkins or Shemar Stewart or Jacoby Matthews they should stay below Bama’s record. A few days ago it appeared they were a lock to break the record. Bama having 3 guys adding a 5th Star on Rivals will also affect the 247 Composite. If an A&M player or two loses their 5th star, it’s possible Bama could end up with the top class. That would chap Jimbo’s fanny and make him reword his best class ever spiel he’s been talking about to boosters. I do hope that happens.

I don't think any of their current five stars lose it. They are all highly thought of. if anything I see them making a jump up in their rankings.

I’ve seen predictions of him ending up at LSU, Florida and Texas. I didn’t see the Yahoo article about Bama. I know he’s from Louisiana and read that Kelly has been after him. His visit to Florida went really well and supposedly Napier and he hit it off. It’s almost impossible to predict where 18 year old kids end up … I think some of them don’t know until the last minute. And now, the NIL factor throws another huge wrinkle into the mix. There’s truly no telling how much a booster might commit to paying a recruit if they sign. So a team not even being discussed could end up getting him … including him going back to A&M.

I don't think any of their current five stars lose it. They are all highly thought of. if anything I see them making a jump up in their rankings.
I was primarily thinking of Chris Marshall. I didn’t see anything written about him following the post season all star practices and games and he’s now ranked in the 30’s. Anyway, it’s as much wishful thinking on my part as anything else. Having that taken away from Jimbo would be great.

That would chap Jimbo’s fanny and make him reword his best class ever spiel he’s been talking about to boosters.
Ha doubt that changes anything that Fisher tells his boosters. He will not let facts get in his way of a good story that makes them feel good about him and his program.

I do not follow this enough to know but I thought there were only so many 5 starts like for the top 32 ranked players. If that is the case some will fall off the list? Now it does not change how highly they are thought of but would impact a recruiting number and possible ranking.

Ha doubt that changes anything that Fisher tells his boosters. He will not let facts get in his way of a good story that makes them feel good about him and his program.

I do not follow this enough to know but I thought there were only so many 5 starts like for the top 32 ranked players. If that is the case some will fall off the list? Now it does not change how highly they are thought of but would impact a recruiting number and possible ranking.

They like to keep it a small number for sure. Rivals currently has us as #1 by a good margin, so those changes definitely helped us. A couple big fish out there for A&M, and I have to think we are done with the signing class and looking more at transfers. Unless there is a surprise I haven't heard about, which is easily possible.

1643131460199.png

They like to keep it a small number for sure. Rivals currently has us as #1 by a good margin, so those changes definitely helped us. A couple big fish out there for A&M, and I have to think we are done with the signing class and looking more at transfers. Unless there is a surprise I haven't heard about, which is easily possible.

View attachment 20259
How the heck is Mississippi State up that high?

It's hard for me to see most kids at 18 making good decisions. Even older it is hard because hormones are not a rational decision maker. At 20 years old I received a scholarship to Annapolis from the bootstrap program and visited. Couldn't find apartments any where reasonable and a dollar burger was five bucks. Turned it down. Didn't want to send my wife back home to parents.

It's hard for me to see most kids at 18 making good decisions. Even older it is hard because hormones are not a rational decision maker. At 20 years old I received a scholarship to Annapolis from the bootstrap program and visited. Couldn't find apartments any where reasonable and a dollar burger was five bucks. Turned it down. Didn't want to send my wife back home to parents.
Thats a heck of a story! Wow!... turning down Annapolis....not many would have turned that down..

Tough decision you had to make...

And ....making decisions....good ones...shoot...i still make bad ones...alot...and i am north of 20...way north!

I can vouch for kids and decision making. I have a soon to be 20 year old son. Does some head scratching stuff sometimes and by sometimes I mean a lot. I know he is figuring it out but in the meantime his momma may whack him upside his head with a cast iron skillet soon :). It is certainly not dull around our house.

Back
Top Bottom