| FTBL Thoughts on game

94 Grad

After sleeping on it I had a couple of realizations on the game last night.

I don’t know when it happened or if he got injured but I did notice in the second half Jobe had been pulled from the game. It seemed our secondary had fewer bust after that point. I’m very excited to see some of the younger kids play and get some experience and hope that they can perform in the coming weeks as this is a glaring hole in our defense. Not so much of the coverage although I really get frustrated with Jobe’s, but more of the bust were someone is not even covered. As Saban has said in the past we have no defensive call that leaves a TE wide open. Maybe with the younger kids and desire they have they have better focus and will do better in the scheme then some of the older kids with an entitlement attitude.

The second thing I noticed The Oline performed much better than in past games. I know there are still some mistakes but as a whole they performed well giving the QB a times too much time to think. I’m hoping we keep this line up and they grow quickly over the next week and a half before we have to play Georgia as It’ll be needed against that stellar Dline. It’s still a huge ask for them to be elite against that Dline but I think with the QBs talent we have we may be able to perform well against it hopefully well enough to win.

The defense is really done a good job stepping up against the run in the last few weeks. There is a lot of energy in the Dline and linebacker position. I’ve really been liking what I’m seeing there if we can just solidify our secondary this is gonna be a really good defense against a auburn and Georgia team each of which they don’t have a great offense passing game. If we’re lucky enough to play in the playoffs and get Ohio State it may be a different story as those wide receivers and QB are going to be hard to cover for any defense.

Onward and upward! I think this week was actually a step forward for both the offense in the defense even though we had moments of setbacks with focus and concentration and stupid mistakes as a whole I think they performed well. We just need the consistency to be there so that it’s 60 minutes of good game performance and not just 45 minutes.

I don’t know when it happened or if he got injured but I did notice in the second half Jobe had been pulled from the game. It seemed our secondary had fewer bust after that point. I’m very excited to see some of the younger kids play and get some experience and hope that they can perform in the coming weeks as this is a glaring hole in our defense. Not so much of the coverage although I really get frustrated with Jobe’s, but more of the bust were someone is not even covered. As Saban has said in the past we have no defensive call that leaves a TE wide open. Maybe with the younger kids and desire they have they have better focus and will do better in the scheme then some of the older kids with an entitlement attitude.

The second thing I noticed The Oline performed much better than in past games. I know there are still some mistakes but as a whole they performed well giving the QB a times too much time to think. I’m hoping we keep this line up and they grow quickly over the next week and a half before we have to play Georgia as It’ll be needed against that stellar Dline. It’s still a huge ask for them to be elite against that Dline but I think with the QBs talent we have we may be able to perform well against it hopefully well enough to win.

The defense is really done a good job stepping up against the run in the last few weeks. There is a lot of energy in the Dline and linebacker position. I’ve really been liking what I’m seeing there if we can just solidify our secondary this is gonna be a really good defense against a auburn and Georgia team each of which they don’t have a great offense passing game. If we’re lucky enough to play in the playoffs and get Ohio State it may be a different story as those wide receivers and QB are going to be hard to cover for any defense.

Onward and upward! I think this week was actually a step forward for both the offense in the defense even though we had moments of setbacks with focus and concentration and stupid mistakes as a whole I think they performed well. We just need the consistency to be there so that it’s 60 minutes of good game performance and not just 45 minutes.
Good post. I dont think we lack talent. After 11 games, my confidence in them getting their shit together this year is staring to wane.😊

Kool-Aid getting beat on that one play, I was fine with. He was actually in position, he just didn't make the play. I can be ok with that from a Freshman or new guy. Jobe getting beat on 4th down (I thinkn it was 4th down, could be wrong) for a touchdown is unacceptable. He's a Senior with years of game experience.

The offensive line had its issues, but as a whole I felt they held up better this game against a formidable defense. George had some misses, but he also had a lot of positives. I don't think the commentators really gave him a fair shake last night as they highlighted mistakes but rarely spoke of the good things he did. Something had to go right when your quarterback is throwing for over 500 yards. Bryce made some things happen, but he also had some nice pockets to throw in. Coach Saban has shown he will switch it up and hopefully it wasn't too late where this line can hopefully gel in two weeks as we get ready for Georgia with a tough game at Jurden Hair.

Jobe got pulled because he was burned a lot.
Moore got pulled because he wasn't playing well.

I expect Kool aid to start this weekend.
What happened to Moore … he had such a great Freshman season. It’s like the two seasons have been reversed. Last year he didn’t play like a freshman and this year he is. You know, because of COVID, the players watched a whole lot more film because they couldn’t do much of anything else. I think the freedom to do other things is what Anderson was talking about a few weeks ago.

We just need the consistency to be there so that it’s 60 minutes of good game performance and not just 45 minutes.
You must have watched a different game than I did. I would give them about 20-25 minutes of a good game. After mid 2nd quarter it was really poor. The Ark WR's pushing off w/o getting a OPI did not help. I was also curious about Jobe. Was not sure if injury or Saban eventually said enough is enough.

At this point I refuse to buy into anything but mediocrity for this D until the head guy solves the problem in the off season (recruiting and coaches). Offense in my view played really well especially at the OL. Very easily should have had 10 more points. They certainly put up the offensive stats that could have been 50+ point game. I tend to believe at this point for the offense the LSU game was an outlier.

Bama’s defense will have to play their best game of the season to beat the Lee County cow-lickers. That team will come out sky high because, like so many times in the past, Aw-Barn has to settle for playing spoiler because their championship hopes disappeared during the season. They get TREMENDOUS satisfaction out of spoilikh the Tide’s championship dreams (which they so rarely have a shot at).

George got his ass handed to him on a few plays on just straight up bull rushes - which is not a good thing - but he did make far fewer mistakes and he's young. He definitely does not make me feel good when we are forced to put six O-Linemen in to be able to handle blitzes, though.

George got his ass handed to him on a few plays on just straight up bull rushes - which is not a good thing - but he did make far fewer mistakes and he's young. He definitely does not make me feel good when we are forced to put six O-Linemen in to be able to handle blitzes, though.

It's gonna happen to a new guy getting his first real game action against a tough SEC defense. I think he overall did well. I'm glad Saban basically gave himself a good shot at solving some issues by making George a starter at Right Tackle with two games before we play Georgia. Georgia is a different animal, but reps are the only thing that is gonna help him. He's gonna be ok, and if even after getting his butt handed to him and we still put up that much offense, we'll be ok.

I agree. On another related subject - 5 Star players are by definition able to start or at least contribute in a meaningful way as Freshmen. That means the 2021 class shouldn’t have been rated as such … right? Anyway, it appears all of that great O-line haul are being redshirted.

Back
Top Bottom