| CURRENT EVENTS This man is about to launch himself in his homemade rocket to prove the earth is flat

A man who believes Earth is flat, and was ready to launch himself from a rocket in California on Saturday afternoon to prove it, has canceled his plans. At least for now.
Not having the required federal permits plus mechanical problems with his "motorhome/rocket launcher" forced self-taught rocket scientist "Mad" Mike Hughes to put his experiment on hold.
The U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) "told me they would not allow me to do the event ... at least not at that location," Hughes said in a YouTube announcement, amid international attention over his plans to launch into the 'atmosflat.'
"It's been very disappointing," he said.
'Mad' Mike Hughes cancels rocket launch to prove Earth is flat

------------------

"Life imitates art."

Am I the only one who thought of The Astronaut Farmer when reading this story? BLM coming in and "not allowing me to do the event" sounds a lot like the plot of that movie.

A man who believes Earth is flat, and was ready to launch himself from a rocket in California on Saturday afternoon to prove it, has canceled his plans. At least for now.
Not having the required federal permits plus mechanical problems with his "motorhome/rocket launcher" forced self-taught rocket scientist "Mad" Mike Hughes to put his experiment on hold.
The U.S. Bureau of Land Management (BLM) "told me they would not allow me to do the event ... at least not at that location," Hughes said in a YouTube announcement, amid international attention over his plans to launch into the 'atmosflat.'
"It's been very disappointing," he said.
'Mad' Mike Hughes cancels rocket launch to prove Earth is flat

------------------

"Life imitates art."

Am I the only one who thought of The Astronaut Farmer when reading this story? BLM coming in and "not allowing me to do the event" sounds a lot like the plot of that movie.

why the hell should he care? he can just get in his rocket and jet off into space. not much they do to him out in space. the way to get him is to allow him to launch, just not to return.

Back
Top Bottom