| FTBL This is the last weekend without college football. How are you spending it?

Friday Night Lights in Georgia. My son is getting to be ball boy, so I'm getting to enjoy some ball. Football practice three days a week,soccer for one of my daughter's two days a week, a Friday night commitment home and away, and then Alabama games on Saturday. Busy weeks in our household. Travel ball picking back up in September as well.

Attachments

• 20220819_213442.jpg
    20220819_213442.jpg
    9.6 MB · Views: 6
Friday Night Lights in Georgia. My son is getting to be ball boy, so I'm getting to enjoy some ball. Football practice three days a week,soccer for one of my daughter's two days a week, a Friday night commitment home and away, and then Alabama games on Saturday. Busy weeks in our household. Travel ball picking back up in September as well.
That looks like a great facility.

Kennesaw Mountain's field was still grass when my oldest son played, and then all Cobb County fields went sprint turf. Up until that time, I was part of a group of dads, called ourselves "The Linesmen". The assistant coaches would mow the field on Wednesdays, and then every Wednesday night during the season we'd line the field, including the yard numbers. Once the field was set at the beginning of each season, it was easy to refresh, it just took bodies and paint. I used so much field paint on the numbers, both index fingers were numb all season.

The evening smell of a freshly mowed lawn still takes me back to Friday nights. Crushed rubber doesn't do it for me.

RTR,

Tim

Steak, golf, a nice French cab I found in Chicago and perhaps some ammo expenditure.

A buddy of mine is an exec in the restaurant supply industry (Buckhead Meats). At a charity event, he was the winning bidder (he knew he had five guys who'd spring for a portion) for a meal prepared by the founding chef of Proof of The Pudding, an Atlanta-based catering and event company that has expanded to other southeastern and southwestern states. The company started out just catering, but they've expanded to handle most PGA events, a smattering of the premium dining at some college stadiums, yacht shows, just some of everything. The founding chef makes a few appearances at the Presidential Suite at BDS each year. @TerryP they run five restaurants on Fripp Island, too. The chef's story of what they did locally during COVID was inspiring, along with some site work they did during the pandemic as far west as AZ/NM.

So we had that evening with the chef last night. We had a progressive dinner in their facility, ending up with the last three courses in the kitchen. Duck breast with grits and collard greens, then a Wagyu filet as a component of an "open-faced steak wellington", then Baked Alaska. My wife isn't a duck fan (I ate hers) nor of a medium rare filet (she took some off the edges and then I ate hers). Incredible experience.

I will not be eating today.

RTR,

Tim

That looks like a great facility.

Kennesaw Mountain's field was still grass when my oldest son played, and then all Cobb County fields went sprint turf. Up until that time, I was part of a group of dads, called ourselves "The Linesmen". The assistant coaches would mow the field on Wednesdays, and then every Wednesday night during the season we'd line the field, including the yard numbers. Once the field was set at the beginning of each season, it was easy to refresh, it just took bodies and paint. I used so much field paint on the numbers, both index fingers were numb all season.

The evening smell of a freshly mowed lawn still takes me back to Friday nights. Crushed rubber doesn't do it for me.

RTR,

Tim

Same here. That facility was nice, but I'm not a turf guy either. That was at Social Circle. We still have a grass field, but the stadium isn't as nice as last night's. My wife graduated from Kennsaw Mountain and they have a Super 11 lineman committed to Miami there right now.

Back
Top Bottom