| FTBL This is potentially huge!

I

imported_porkchop

SEC to launch their own sports network? How sweet would that be? Imagine not having to depend so much on ESPN or having to listen to inadequate LFG/ESPN2 telecasts of our games.

Some our contracts are set to expire within the next couple of years so maybe something will come of this talk. I wouldn't mind seeing it happen.

USA Today

Id like to see it myself, plus how sweet would it be not having to listen to Bill Curry and some of these other lamebrain announcers.

BigAl said:
Id like to see it myself, plus how sweet would it be not having to listen to Bill Curry and some of these other lamebrain announcers.

Only problem I see with that...is the fact that he has coached in the SEC and therefore that obviously makes him some type of an authority. SEC media would probably hire him on that premise. :(

I love the sound of Vern's voice, but has got really piss poor the past few years IMO. I'd like for them to get Ron Franklin, and Sean McDonough. Then I really don't care who else. Maybe Reece Davis (Bama alum)

rammerjammer said:
BigAl said:

Only problem I see with that...is the fact that he has coached in the SEC and therefore that obviously makes him some type of an authority. SEC media would probably hire him on that premise. :(

I love the sound of Vern's voice, but has got really piss poor the past few years IMO. I'd like for them to get Ron Franklin, and Sean McDonough. Then I really don't care who else. Maybe Reece Davis (Bama alum)

Wouldn't that be great to have Reece working at the network. I also like Lundquist and Ron Franklin too. Curry would also be hired I'm sure since (like you said) he's an authority and all. :lol: Throw in Jim Donnan and you got a broadcast team now! Holla!! :lol: :roll:

I hate to admit this but one guy that I have always liked and I don't even know why is Mike Gottfried. I can't explain it. It must be that I feel sorry for him or something? Like a maingy stray you don't have the heart to kick any more so you take him in. :lol: I swear he's drunk half the time. He never gets the names right and he's usually a good 10 yards away from the action, but I like listening to him anyway for some reason (when he's not totally sauced).

This could be a good way to get Keith Jackson to announce some games. I mean i'm sure he would consider it wouldn't he? I don't know what his health is like nowadays.

Just for fun, what do you guys think the network would look like as far as people? I was kinda thinking of a list here of possible SECTV employees.

I'm not saying that I want these people but some of the names seem feasable if not likely. I'm sure there are many factors involved like contracts, but throwing all of the contract stuff out, who do you think would be working in this network?

Mike Gottfried--(football) ESPN couldn't dump him quick enough. Being from BAMA it would be natural to assume he'd be interested.

Erin Andrews--(football) Don't forget she's a Florida grad.

Vern Lundquist--(football) Natural to assume that CBS would somehow be involved in this. The article points to it in fact.

Craig James--(football) Southern boy, never seems to stick around on any network for that long. He might be an option.

Jay Crawford--(talk show/supporting anchor)Southern and someone who has moved around some recently. Might be someone who would target the new network.

Jim Donnan--(football) You know he'd be on this like white on rice.

Rece Davis--(anchor) Obvious choice here. Would he leave ESPN and his long-time gig? People that have claim to have met him state that he comes off as apologetic towards his ESPN brethren's mangling of our program, so he's no sure bet.

Ron Franklin--(football/basketball) Seems like an obvious choice. Would ESPN let him go? Iffy.

Lou Holtz--(football) He has an SEC/Southern history. ESPN would probably drop him like a rock if they could. No one could work him alongside Craig James though lol!! They'd kill each other.

Trev Alberts--(football) He has always shown a great deal of respect towards southern football, though he seemingly has no ties. Remember that alberts basically just stopped showing up for work at ESPN and they fired him. He might be looking for a job.

Stan Verrett--(basketball/supporting anchor) Stan has the admirable job (note the sarcasm) of being ESPN's late late night guy. He's from Nawlins. Might be someone looking for a new gig.

Jeff Brantley--(college baseball) Former baseball Tonight guy that one would reason could fit in nicely covering SEC baseball. From Florence, MSU grad.

Kit Hoover--(supporting anchor) Altanta native who seemingly got jobbed by ESPN. She's HOT and best known for stints on Cold Pizza, Road Rules (the inaugural one) and has since been relegated to the TV Guide channel.

I can't think of anyone else off hand right now. Any thoughts?

reger60 said:
Porterhouse said:
Dave Neal, Dave Rowe, and Dave "Buzz" Baker. That's really all you need.

Oh gawd! :shock:

Porter is baiting you! :lol: He really wants "Boo Yeah" and DickyV in there! :lol:

I swear Vitale is the John Madden of NCAA basketball. Madden is widely known for his on-air felacio of Brett Favre, while Vitale acts like if he was jobbing Coach K the war in Iraq would already have been won or global warming would have been taken care of by now. Because we all know Coach K and the Dukies are god's gift to the rest of us mortal scum. :roll:

GoodScotch said:
Kit Hoover has always been a favorite of mine, since her days rocking the UNC cap on Road Rules. I like Rece Davis, but ESPN seems to be grooming him incase Fowler ever bolts.

I'd let Kit lather me up and ride me like a big boy with no questions asked. :D :oops:

Yeah, she's one of my personal favs too. I was a bit shocked to see her into the sports journalism thing though when she first started on Cold Pizza. I remember her from Road Rules but couldn't remember what she was doing in college at the time since I was too busy looking at her and not hearing a dang thing she ever said. She really is pretty good at the job though and I for one, do not care for Dana Jacobson on Cold Pizza. IMHO that whole move was a huge mistake.

There's something special about Kit while Jacobson is just another boring talking head on that network.

hate to admit this but one guy that I have always liked and I don't even know why is Mike Gottfried. I can't explain it. It must be that I feel sorry for him or something? Like a maingy stray you don't have the heart to kick any more so you take him in. I swear he's drunk half the time. He never gets the names right and he's usually a good 10 yards away from the action, but I like listening to him anyway for some reason (when he's not totally sauced).

Lol, I remember a few years ago when we played Kentucky on ESPN,he must have called Shaud Williams Shaun Alexander about 10 times during the game. But I do feel the same, there is just something about him.

C'mon guys, I know deep down you would like to have Corso and convert that old slam jam bam baby guy as his co-host... :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom