| FTBL Thinking about next year....

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Am I wrong or don't all players that were on roster during COVID season 2020 get an additional year of eligibility? For instance, couldn't true senior Will Reichard return next year for a 5th season if he wanted???

Not sure about Covid/Reinhard but talent and experience wise, 2022 was the year. Lots of holes to fill next year at key positions. We will be very inexperienced, maybe hungrier, and hopefully better coached. It’s time for Saban to be the asshole he was when hired.

Thinking about next year. Will our D be that much better? And will our offense return to form after loosing BY? We’re going to have to make large strides with unproven guys.
Everything this offseason pointed this year's defense being the best since 2016 or 2017. With all the pieces Alabama is losing - and possible players transferring - Alabama will not field an elite defense. That is unless Saban returns to his old self and Golding is fired.

We've be around for two great runs no doubt. JMO but 2023 is Nick's last rodeo. The loss of Pruitt as our DC was a b f deal. There is nobody on Nick's current staff that commands/demands the attention of these players. Keep patting them on the head. Yep, that is the plan.
I wouldn't be shocked if this year is his last season. Regardless, Byrne will have to make one of the hardest coaching searches in the country.

Hell, no more than #3 has done since he arrived at Bama placing him in the timeout chair for one game wouldn't matter. I bet if you asked Kirby (in private what were his thoughts about #3 leaving UGA) he would say he was all for it.
Agree, 2.4 receptions a game for 38 yards per game. At least he’s put up better stats than Harrell. 1 catch for 12 yards.

If Gibbs had not come our way, I feel confident we’d be at best 5-4, probably 4-5 this season.

Agree, 2.4 receptions a game for 38 yards per game. At least he’s put up better stats than Harrell. 1 catch for 12 yards.

If Gibbs had not come our way, I feel confident we’d be at best 5-4, probably 4-5 this season.
I am old school but I question why Gibbs runs out of bounds so often instead of trying to get more yards. He must be watching the NFL all day long on Sunday. With Bob calling the plays another couple of yards is a big f deal for us.

He is a good back and we sure needed him this year. Our other two backs are just above average.

I am old school but I question why Gibbs runs out of bounds so often instead of trying to get more yards. He must be watching the NFL all day long on Sunday. With Bob calling the plays another couple of yards is a big f deal for us.

He is a good back and we sure needed him this year. Our other two backs are just above average.

Wouldn't shock me if Saban told him to. He's not a massive guy that can afford many shots to his legs due to his speed and get up. Saban knows the importance of him and probably has told him to avoid any hits he can.

According to Josey, I’m a sunshine pumper. According to me, he’s a negative “downer”.
We are probably both right & wrong.
However….

Attachments

• ADCC6D04-4FCC-49AF-80AE-BD9AF975DB58.jpeg
    ADCC6D04-4FCC-49AF-80AE-BD9AF975DB58.jpeg
    144.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I wouldn't be shocked if this year is his last season. Regardless, Byrne will have to make one of the hardest coaching searches in the country.
It will be the easiest of searches because everybody will want the job. Good facilities, good roster, good brand, good fan support, good administration support. There’s not a lot of selling to be done. The only negative is who will want to follow Saban?

It will be the easiest of searches because everybody will want the job. Good facilities, good roster, good brand, good fan support, good administration support. There’s not a lot of selling to be done. The only negative is who will want to follow Saban?

It's not that, who will want to come here, it's who is through enough to keep what was built together. Plenty of CEO's line up for a job, but it's more about who has the ability to carry on the success, characteristics, and ideals of the company. Many will come, but very very few will be able to stack up, so that's where the challenge is.

Back
Top Bottom