| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC The Truth is Still Out There

psychojoe

Smart Pill Addict
Staff
Just saw that Fox is bringing back The X Files, complete with Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, as a mini-series. Production begins this summer and six episodes are planned.

I was a big fan back in the day.

We watched it was well, even bought the entire set on DVD which we gave away, but I have it in digital format on my media share.

Smoking Man will be in it as well.
Very interesting that 'Smoking Man' will be back. At the close of the last episode he is inside the caves in the cliff, and two helicopters fire missiles into the side of the cliff. Of course him surviving would fit the series, just like the season when Mulder came back from the dead.

One of the recurring themes in the original story line was that the aliens would return on 12/21/2012. I wonder if they will deal with that, or just move past it.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-4-28/two-x-files-best-writers-ink-deal-fox-return-revival-series

With much of the key cast already locked in to return for The X-Files, Fox is now cutting deals to bring back some of the behind-the-scenes talent.

TV Line reports the network has signed deals with former X-Files writer-producers Glen Morgan and James Wong, who will join series creator Chris Carter in the writers' room for the upcoming six-episode limited series. The duo were a major creative force during the show’s original, decade-long run, responsible for some of the show’s best episodes. Needless to say, this is great news.

The writers spent several years working with Carter to craft the mythology, and some of their most memorable highlights include “Beyond the Sea” in season one and “Musings of the Cigarette Smoking Man” and “Home” in season four. The pair will apparently write and produce one episode each, and Morgan is set executive-produce the season with Carter.

The network already has original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson on the list, and now we have some of the writers who truly brought their characters to life. For fans of the series, this is a great move — and shows they’re making a push to recapture The X-Files at its best.

http://www.slashfilm.com/x-files-vince-gilligan/

Fox’s upcoming The X-Files revival will bring back quite a few beloved figures from the old days, including series creator Chris Carter and stars Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny. But one who won’t return is Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan.

Although Gilligan was a writer and executive producer on The X-Files before Walter White was even a twinkle in his eye, he confirms he won’t be involved with the new episodes. Find out why the X-Files Vince Gilligan return isn’t happening after the jump.

The X-Files was Gilligan’s first big break, which means it’s partly to thank for the existence of Breaking Bad. So it’s ironic that Breaking Bad‘s very success is indirectly to blame for Gilligan’s inability to do more X-Files. Gilligan explained on Reddit:

Unfortunately I won’t be writing for the reboot, because my work on Better Call Saul will keep me from doing that. I’m very sad to miss out, because I would love to have a hand in The X-Files reboot. The X-Files was my second favorite job ever, a close second to Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul, and I’d love to be a part of it. Rest assured, I will be watching it as a fan. I can’t wait to see it.

Gilligan started writing for The X-Files in late Season 2, and stayed on through the ninth and final season. In the same Reddit thread, he gushes about his time on the show:

I had so many favorite X-Files episodes, it’s hard to narrow it down to just one.

If you held my feet to the fire, I’d probably say “Bad Blood.” But really, as an experience, my favorite writing moment on The X-Files was probably writing “Je Souhaite” episode. That’s the one with the genie.

That’s because that’s the first episode I got to direct as well as write. And it was really a wonderful turning point in my career and it was a great deal of fun to boot.

While Gilligan won’t be back for the X-Files revival, writer-producers Glen Morgan and James Wong will join Carter behind the camera. Besides Mulder and Scully, returning characters include Walter Skinner (Mitch Pileggi) and Smoking Man (William B. Davis). The six-episodes limited series shoots this summer for release in 2016.

http://www.blastr.com/2015-7-22/yes-lone-gunmen-return-x-files

LoneGunmen.jpg

The truth is out there that the X-Files is getting a second lease on life, with a six-part miniseries. Now, on the X-Files’ second time around, we’re also getting more time with the sidekicks we know and love: the Lone Gunmen.

According to EW, “The conspiracy theorist trio known as The Lone Gunmen will appear in Fox’s six-episode event series.”

Did I say “second time around?” When it comes to the Lone Gunmen, we mean “third”: The Lone Gunmen were popular enough to have earned their own spinoff series, which sadly only ran for 13 episodes in 2001.

And then they died. However, we're certain The X-Files will have a way of explaining their resurrection.

The Lone Gunmen, aka Melvin Frohike (Tom Braidwood), Richard Langy (Dean Haglund) and Bruce Harwood (John Fitzgerald Byers), were computer- and conspiracy-savvy experts with whom our protagonist Fox Mulder frequently consulted. Through Mulder, they also aided the rest of the X-Filers.

The Lone Gunmen added a much-needed dose of humor to the somewhat grim show. Here’s hoping their kung fu is still the best.

(Via EW)

Back
Top Bottom