| FTBL The People You Meet…

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Staff
I’m waiting through a thunderstorm for a flight, guy beside me is the attorney representing Clemson in their suit against the ACC. Really interesting conversation, and then he adds the guy who ran the book for ESPNbet, buddy of his, just sold his operation to draft kings. “He’s having a good night.”

I’d put this conversation up there with the one I had here with Biden’s EV policy czar, and the policy discussion I had with Ted Cruz on the National Debt.

Reagan never disappoints. He mentioned their judge shopping to get a Citadel guy, and that the courtroom was full of orange-shirted voters at the jurisdiction hearing.

He likes their chances. SEC, here they come.

I’m waiting through a thunderstorm for a flight, guy beside me is the attorney representing Clemson in their suit against the ACC. Really interesting conversation, and then he adds the guy who ran the book for ESPNbet, buddy of his, just sold his operation to draft kings. “He’s having a good night.”

I’d put this conversation up there with the one I had here with Biden’s EV policy czar, and the policy discussion I had with Ted Cruz on the National Debt.

Reagan never disappoints. He mentioned their judge shopping to get a Citadel guy, and that the courtroom was full of orange-shirted voters at the jurisdiction hearing.

He likes their chances. SEC, here they come.
Is that their play? Coming to the SEC?

Is that their play? Coming to the SEC?

It’s their preference, but the SEC (at least as of now) is playing the field. Bottom line, any further expansion on Sankey’s watch is going to be driven by $ and tv contracts. FSU offers a nice helmet and location, but trail others in potential market revenue. Supposedly, their endowment doesn’t help them compared to some others too, which is part of it with Sankey.

It’s their preference, but the SEC (at least as of now) is playing the field. Bottom line, any further expansion on Sankey’s watch is going to be driven by $ and tv contracts. FSU offer a nice helmet and location, but trail others in potential market revenue. Supposedly, their endowment doesn’t help them compared to some others too, which is part of it with Sankey.
Hope fsu n tomaka chop goes anywhere but sec. Or stays n builds on acc.
Maybe the should steal a couple sec teams. AU. Florida...USCe...
Or even a Tennessee/ Kentucky

It’s their preference, but the SEC (at least as of now) is playing the field. Bottom line, any further expansion on Sankey’s watch is going to be driven by $ and tv contracts. FSU offers a nice helmet and location, but trail others in potential market revenue. Supposedly, their endowment doesn’t help them compared to some others too, which is part of it with Sankey.
Who are some that Sankey would rather have? I thought for sure FSU would’ve been one

Who are some that Sankey would rather have? I thought for sure FSU would’ve been one

This stuff is fluid like anything else, so I'm not saying FSU and/or Clemson won't be grabbed up by the SEC... But, the SEC wants that Charlotte TV market (because that expands the TV contracts, which is the gas in the car). And some of the schools around that market have pockets that run deep, at least deeper than the Noles, but some significantly so... UNC, Duke, NC State...

Back
Top Bottom