| FTBL The one game that has me intrigued today, not an SEC game...

TerryP

Staff
has got to be the Mizzou vs Oklahoma game. It's a game I consider a "must see" today for a couple of reasons. One, if you haven't watched Mizzou play this year you are missing some good football. The way they ran over Nebraska was something to behold. Two, it goes to glorify how bad Houston Nutt screwed up by not keeping Gus Malzahn on staff. The spread attack Mizzou runs has been running over Big 12 teams all year long. If Arkansas would have retain Malzahn, it would be what we would be seeing out of Arkansas this year.

Here's a team that is averaging over 550 yards a game on offense, scoring over 40 points a game. I've got a lot of respect for the Oklahoma program, but on the opposite end I've got as much respect for what Malzahn has accomplished with this offense in one season.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see Mizzou around the top of the country come seasons end. In fact, when that offense is clicking I wonder if a defense, even a defense like LSU's, can contain it. OU surely isn't going to stop it today. There is a hell of a lot of pressure on the OU offense today...some young kids shouldering that burden.

It does seem like a great match up. I am sure I will watch some of it. It is usually hard to pull me off SEC games though. I will watch mostly during commercials.

Bones82 said:
It does seem like a great match up. I am sure I will watch some of it. It is usually hard to pull me off SEC games though. I will watch mostly during commercials.

I can understand that. That's why God invented picture in picture!

I saw a TV this week that had 4 inputs, one for the 'puter as well. If it wasn't LCD I might have thought about it.

Here's the thing. It's going up against Auburn vs Arkansas. It's not a real hard choice for me not to watch that game, but I suspect I'll keep an eye on it...in the small window, of course.

TerryP said:
Bones82 said:

I can understand that. That's why God invented picture in picture!

I saw a TV this week that had 4 inputs, one for the 'puter as well. If it wasn't LCD I might have thought about it.

Here's the thing. It's going up against Auburn vs Arkansas. It's not a real hard choice for me not to watch that game, but I suspect I'll keep an eye on it...in the small window, of course.
Truly the one thing that disappointed me about my new 58" HD was that it had no PiP. BUT the old "backup" 27" regular TV can do the job. :D

Back
Top Bottom