| FTBL The Good, The Bad and The Ugly vs. K State?

Good- Bama won! But also Bama played in the 2rd, 3th, 4th light out! 1ST HALF 21-10, 2RD HALF 24-10

Bad- Offense and the Defense! Where was these guy during the UT and L$U games?

Ugly-First qt 10- 0 Kan. St.

Men, I want to thank you all for your contribution to the game thread and the good, bad and ugly posts. You very well Welcome.

Good - Bryce Young. There wasn't a better throw all year in CFB than the one he threw to Burton right before halftime that got the team at the 40. Mercy what a throw. He started slow but just started clicking and was unstoppable.

Bad - Alabama's run D was meh

Ugly - Season is over, which makes me sad. Really good team to watch all year that came up short unfortunately. But this was another good team that finished with 11 wins and a Sugar Bowl.

Great - we can turn our focus to our awesome basketball team that will make their first Final Four.

Good-Bama woke up after the 1st Qtr and became Bama again. Closest thing to a complete game since the 2021 SECCG

Bad-run defense and unfortunately, Saban has softened to a point that he (most likely) won't pull the plug on BoB and Golding

Ugly-This season's defense on the whole. I remember when the consensus was that the 2019 defense was the worst of the Saban era. Nope. 2022 defense was worse than 2019 and it's not even close

Bittersweet- the season is in the books. Hard to grasp right now that we won't see them again until September. To me, A Day doesn't count. But, we have a lot to look forward to with basketball. I just hope we can hold on to Nate Oates. He has built something special at Bama.

Good- BY and Brian Branch. A dominant performance in the end. Receivers played what felt like their best game of the year..

Bad- giving up an 88 yard rushing TD and the 10 minute drive where we gave up 3 3rd and looooongs and one 4th down.

Ugly - The last drive for K State where they scored. In general the D just does not play with the same attitude and nastiness that is needed. We need some hateful attitudes to return back on that side of the ball. Need some Alphas and a DC that demands it.

One more Ugly - it is a shame that BY did not get a NC as a starter.

Good-

Bad-

Ugly-

Men, I want to thank you all for your contribution to the game thread and the good, bad and ugly posts.
Good - A quality win that was comfortable to watch
Bad - The start, we were drowsy and they were certainly locked in.
Great - I didn't see any injuries, so glad the guys who stayed with us finished unscathed.

Mike, I hope you have a better next year than the end of this one. Thanks for your contributions.

RTR,

Tim

Good - Bryce Young, Brian Branch, and Deontae Lawson. Every one of these guys played above and beyond today.

Bad - To'oto'to looked terrible in coverage. Our pressure on defense is nonexist. I just can't get over how we cannot get pressure with guys that look as explosive as Branch, Lawson, Turner, and Anderson. Definitely willing to sit and listen if people want to explain it's those players. Also did not like once we got up like 28-10/35-10 it felt like we took our foot off the pedal and were content on offense.

Ugly - The fact we were left out of the Playoffs and then seeing us prove our ability today. We looked bad this season per our standard, but it was a down year all over the country in my opinion. Michigan getting worked by TCU at the moment and Ohio State likely getting dealt with tonight. Nobody in the Playoff would want to face the Alabama team that played today. 5 penalities, played with some fire, receivers played well, and line blocked well. Ugly because it feels like we got screwed over knowing our capabilities. One last thing was that damn 10 minute drive by Kansas State. I missed most of the first quarter due to my son having batting practice, and I get back in time to see a 10 minute drive by Kansas State eating up almost the entire second quarter.

Playoff would want to face the Alabama team that played today. 5 penalities, played with some fire, receivers played well, and line blocked well.
Completely agree. Think about what the results of the Vile game would have been with only 5 penalties. That would have been a double digit win.

At least Trey could fill a gap and knock the ball carrier backwards. To’oto’to could not do either.
Feels like To'o biggest asset was between his ears not his physical skills. I do not think those were bad just not elite.

Good: Ended the season with a Sugar Bowl win.

Bad: College Football season is nearly over.

Ugly: Big 10 (again) starting to look like TCU was not the team that didnt deserve to be in the playoffs.

Good- Bryce and Branch playing some elite football. WR's/TE's played well... zero drops and some big plays. Also, love the Sugar Bowl trophy... nice to add another to The University's collection and it'll look nice in the 2022 display case.

Bad- The slow start. If Bama had started fast, it would have been a 52-6 type game. Yet again, O'Brien's opening script was a complete mystery.

Ugly- TCU robbing Alabama of the opportunity to wear college football's best uniform on a big stage... the Road Whites®

Back
Top Bottom