| PRO The Flores Lawsuit

bamascw

Okay, I wasn’t sure if anyone was going to post anything about it or not and after being saturated with it most of the day today on ESPN I’m curious as to everyone’s thoughts.

The most surprising thing to me was the accusation that ownership was trying to pay him to lose games, now I’m sure that sort of thing has happened before, when your team is in dire straits you need good draft picks to rebuild and so on and of course we see that in the NBA every year there’s always a team tanking, but if that accusation is true I have to say I stand Flores. There’s no way I’m going to intentionally lose games, for them to get a better draft pick, I’m not telling my team hey let’s go to lose, even if he did it in a way that they weren’t sure he was trying to lose you just can’t ask somebody to do that as a head coach in my opinion.

I also am making the assumption that the meeting with the high profile quarterback was Brady, which opens an entirely different can of worms in my brain because that would mean Brady was willing to have the meeting which he knew was against the rules. And that’s all I will say about that as Forrest Gump so eloquently put it.

The Rooney rule, I think we all know that rule is danced around by organizations when they hire a coach, and being a middle-aged white male from the south, I will not pretend that we do not still have a serious issue with racism. Of course I’ve seen it go both ways and I’m not trying to get into that discussion, I just don’t understand why a team doesn’t want the best candidate to be at white or black, you go get the best candidate for the job. And watching what Miami did this year, to me that just speaks of a good coaching job to be able to hold that team together after the horrible start and then the completely different finish, all of that being said I’m just curious what everyone thinks.

JMO but this lawsuit had Flores name on it but the folks behind the curtain are running the show. 90% of the owners are left leaning liberals to say the least so if there were minority coaches that they believe could take their team to the top then that coach would be hired.

Flores and his lawyers have a tough road to win. I also don’t think even if they win much will change.

It’s easier for the owners and GMs to hire people that look, talk, and act like them. There’s one African American owner in all of pro sports and that’s MJ and until that changes I don’t see anything changing.

The Rooney rule, although commendable and on it’s surface is good, all it’s done is made interviews token bs. Case in point Flores and the Giants.

Flores and his lawyers have a tough road to win. I also don’t think even if they win much will change.

It’s easier for the owners and GMs to hire people that look, talk, and act like them. There’s one African American owner in all of pro sports and that’s MJ and until that changes I don’t see anything changing.

The Rooney rule, although commendable and on it’s surface is good, all it’s done is made interviews token bs. Case in point Flores and the Giants.

They're billionaires. There ain't a coach in the NFL that looks, talks, or walks like the owners do. Even with them making millions, there is nothing coinciding about a football coach and a billionaire businessman other than desire to make money.

If you're strictly talking skin color, I'm willing to bet Jerry Jones and Arthur Blank would hire a purple alien if they could win a Super Bowl. I know both of those guys want it so much they don't care who wins them one as long as they can lift that trophy. Blank still ain't over the loss a few years back.

They're billionaires. There ain't a coach in the NFL that looks, talks, or walks like the owners do. Even with them making millions, there is nothing coinciding about a football coach and a billionaire businessman other than desire to make money.

If you're strictly talking skin color, I'm willing to bet Jerry Jones and Arthur Blank would hire a purple alien if they could win a Super Bowl. I know both of those guys want it so much they don't care who wins them one as long as they can lift that trophy. Blank still ain't over the loss a few years back.
I’m talking strictly skin color. Jones and Blank would do just about anything to win a Super Bowl except for hire an African American…..neither team has ever had a head coach that wasn’t white and nobody will convince me that Mike McCarthy was a better choice than Eric Bieniemy or Byron Leftwich or Raheem Morris or Todd Bowles.

if you haven't had an interview where you knew someone else was already the selection, you haven't interviewed enough. I never thought my sex, race, sexual orientation, political affiliation - or my history of violent felonies - were a consideration. They had their selection.

I’m talking strictly skin color. Jones and Blank would do just about anything to win a Super Bowl except for hire an African American…..neither team has ever had a head coach that wasn’t white and nobody will convince me that Mike McCarthy was a better choice than Eric Bieniemy or Byron Leftwich or Raheem Morris or Todd Bowles.

Says you. I highly doubt a GM is willing to give up his livelihood over skin color. I doubt anyone is trying to convince you and you're not an NFL GM, just another arm chair pro like the rest of us. But to each their own. I would like to see Leftwich get an opportunity though.

If he’s got receipts for all the claims in the suit, the NFL is in for a ride. Win or lose I bet there will be some dirt uncovered and some smelly brownies on some owners and Goodell’s shoes. Bold move by Flores, I’ve thought he was a solid coach to date. Has some skills no doubt.

If he’s got receipts for all the claims in the suit, the NFL is in for a ride. Win or lose I bet there will be some dirt uncovered and some smelly brownies on some owners and Goodell’s shoes. Bold move by Flores, I’ve thought he was a solid coach to date. Has some skills no doubt.
Agreed! Unfortunately I believe Flores won’t get another chance again in the NFL.

I don’t think we have seen the end of the dirt it’s going to come up. How will the NFL respond it’s going to be the question, 32 owners in the NFL, they are all billionaires, we know they have good attorneys. Can they spinet or can they get it excluded or what can they do, and bottom line, the NFL is a massive business so if they had to cut an owner or two loose to preserve the NFL they will damn sure do it. Look what the NBA did to the clippers a few years ago, now I don’t know if we will get to that point but I think this could very well be a train ride that’s going to go for a while.

I don’t know about Jones but Blank would hire a purple Martian and certainly a black coach if he thought they would win a lot of games. Blank cares about success more than anything else and he’s extremely competitive. So, the only color he cares about is green and he’s shown time and again he knows how to make it. I’m always saddened/frustrated/angered when folks with zero history of racism are labeled racists without a shred of evidence. It’s made the word meaningless and the claims oh so tiresome.

I don’t know about Jones but Blank would hire a purple Martian and certainly a black coach if he thought they would win a lot of games. Blank cares about success more than anything else and he’s extremely competitive. So, the only color he cares about is green and he’s shown time and again he knows how to make it. I’m always saddened/frustrated/angered when folks with zero history of racism are labeled racists without a shred of evidence. It’s made the word meaningless and the claims oh so tiresome.
He’s owned the Falcons since 2002 and never hired an African American coach and neither you or anybody else is going to convince me that the coaches he’s hired were better than any number of African American coaches that were available, so maybe he’s an idiot when it comes to hiring.

I didn’t say he was racist, but to say the word racist is meaningless is easy for a white person to say

He’s owned the Falcons since 2002 and never hired an African American coach and neither you or anybody else is going to convince me that the coaches he’s hired were better than any number of African American coaches that were available, so maybe he’s an idiot when it comes to hiring.

I didn’t say he was racist, but to say the word racist is meaningless is easy for a white person to say

How do you know a black coach would have been better? You act like he went out of his way not to hire a better black coach. Zero proof, you're all opinion.

How do you know a black coach would have been better? You act like he went out of his way not to hire a better black coach. Zero proof, you're all opinion.
Nothing in what I said says “went out of his way”. I don’t know an African American coach would’ve been better, but I damn sure know they wouldn’t have been worse than what he hired

Back
Top Bottom