| FTBL ? that doesn't much matter now

G

I don't understand 2 things.

Supposedly the refs review every play. So, they did that on the last play when we called timeout. Nothing was done or overturned. So, if we didn't have a timeout that Saban used for the challenge I'm guessing Ole Miss keeps the ball. ????? So can the refs not overturn without a challenge? I think they can so I don't understand that last bit.

Second, Ole Miss was lining up for one last offensive play there at the 7. So, they were going for the win instead of the FG? That sure is risky. It's a non-issue...just curious.

They can/do review every play. But they have to have time to call it. IF OM could of lined up and spiked the ball, then the play could not have been overturned. Smart move by Saban to get the time out so they'd have time to review.

Since it all doesn't matter now...thank God (lol), I think Ole Miss was gonna win.

The way they just seemed to catch EVERYTHING on the final drive, I think they would have won. I had this sinking feeling when the kid caught the ball in "real time"...before the review...etc.

That QB is fair, but he did complete many passes where he just threw it in a crowd. He had the midas touch on that final drive so even if he tossed it in a crowd...Ole Miss probably would have caught it.

I think the late Chucky Mullins was watching that last drive. I'm GLAD the play was over turned.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!!!!!!

~Bryan

I thought inside of two minutes the booth reviews all the plays. The booth should have stopped the clock and automatically reviewed,without us having to call time out. I maybe wrong but that's how I thought the rules were. Also the ref did not acknowledge the the OM reciever stepped out of bounds. Should have thrown his hat down signifing a player out of bounds. It was very clear ,not even close.
What about the kick when the OM player tried to down the ball inside the one and landed in the inzone. The damn ref was 10 feet away unobstructed and tried to give them the ball inside the one. That is very basic play calling and rule knowledge. How could he botch that call? It was more than obvious.
Terrible job once again by an incompetent crew. I'm glad for the win and not meaning to come across whinney. Just amazed at the idiotic incompetency of some really simple calls. Those two calls are basic and easy ones to make.

kudzu said:
I thought inside of two minutes the booth reviews all the plays. The booth should have stopped the clock and automatically reviewed,without us having to call time out. I maybe wrong but that's how I thought the rules were. Also the ref did not acknowledge the the OM reciever stepped out of bounds. Should have thrown his hat down signifing a player out of bounds. It was very clear ,not even close.
What about the kick when the OM player tried to down the ball inside the one and landed in the inzone. The damn ref was 10 feet away unobstructed and tried to give them the ball inside the one. That is very basic play calling and rule knowledge. How could he botch that call? It was more than obvious.
Terrible job once again by an incompetent crew. I'm glad for the win and not meaning to come across whinney. Just amazed at the idiotic incompetency of some really simple calls. Those two calls are basic and easy ones to make.

booth reviews EVERY play

Birdman37 said:
kudzu said:

booth reviews EVERY play

I know, and they did a crappy job there at the end. Without the challenge we were in a very vulnerable position there at the end to lose to Ole Miss. The booth "reviews" yet didn't call an official review on that one. Yet when Saban challenges the play gets reversed....go figure. This one makes no sense to me, but I'm glad to take it. :)

Birdman37 said:
kudzu said:

booth reviews EVERY play

That's the point. They are supossed to but apparently they didn't seem to be telling the officials they were reviewing it until Coach called the time out.

Uh Saban coached that game like crap :?

Possibly the worst clock management at the end of the first half ive ever seen (minus the idiot Cal Qb late last night)

The Fake FG was beyond questionable IMO.

Saban at least knows he coached a crappy game 8) unlike in the previous years where our coach would have thought he did a nice job just from the final score.

Im still a Saban SHEEP to the NTH degree but that was a very bad coaching effort yesterday.

We still won too!! :D

Lenny Kozlowski said:

Possibly the worst clock management at the end of the first half ive ever seen (minus the idiot Cal Qb late last night)

Saban at least knows he coached a crappy game 8) unlike in the previous years where our coach would have thought he did a nice job just from the final score.

Im still a Saban SHEEP to the NTH degree but that was a very bad coaching effort yesterday.

I'm sorry, but I have to let you know that you have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about. There is no way we win this w/o Saban as the head coach.

bamafan850 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

I'm sorry, but I have to let you know that you have absolutely no clue of what you are talking about. There is no way we win this w/o Saban as the head coach.

I'm with Lenny on the poor clock management at the end of the first half and even stated so earlier. As far as the fake FG decision goes, I've got mixed thoughts. How in the heck are you gonna execute well on a trick play when your OL hadn't been executing very well all day?

bamafan850 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

I see a Lenny fan! :D

Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan850 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Hey when Lenny pulls out the right club, he sure can hit it true.

Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan850 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

Hes got a long wait to get to the front of the line of "Lenny Haters" :lol:

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan850 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

I think you call it like you see it, and I respect that. Not that I would ever agree with you. :shock: Just kidding man. :D

CNS even stated it was poorly executed (clock management). As for the Fake FG, I believe it was the right call. I believe the defense had an unbalanced line to the right side of offensive line. Which means not so many on the left side. The audible was called and only one person did not get the call in which his assignment was a bust and his guy made the tackle. If he would havemade the block it was an easy first down. CNS stated that the one guy who made the tackle was assigned to the one guy who did not get the call (or better yet, hear the call). Either way, it sure puts something in the minds of TN to ponder which should also slow down future block attempts.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Atlanta_Tider said:
bamafan850 said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

But you wash away the hate by giving free beers at tailgates! You sure don't sugar coat anything thats for damn sure :D

Back
Top Bottom