| FOOD Terry, here's an old church, now restaurant/bar opening in Tuscaloosa...

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
You mentioned the idea of the one in Charleston that someone else ended up starting... is this some new trend going on all over?

You mentioned the idea of the one in Charleston that someone else ended up starting... is this some new trend going on all over?
Me and a friend of mine have been looking for a property that's an old church. The one we had our eyes set up on ended up being purchased by another group and turned into a Mexican grocery store/eatery.

I don't know if we can call it a trend. The idea occurred making a play off of "Prayer Wednesday's" that I thought could be "Rare Wednesday" for a steak night. Friday's, easy, it's fried fish.

I don't know if we'll go this route. I've been to places that have bars, but I haven't been to a "bar" in over a year. "The Music Farm," for the music, and they have a bar. There's a soul food place up the street called "Nigels." They have a bar, I'm there for the food.

My next door neighbor just got home from work: manages the BWW. Not my scene anymore (and the food..well, it's just not that good.) He's someone I'd consider a friend. A guy that lives about a quarter of a mile from me has his own bar. I'd rather keep him as an acquaintance, if that makes sense.

If anything...looks like we'll get into a private dining place. No signage. Key card entrance. The only "argument" we're having now is I want to charge $20 for your first beer, then you can have the next five. But, if you only drink two? Oh well. Drink a bucket, cool. Your seventh beer? $20.

Me and a friend of mine have been looking for a property that's an old church. The one we had our eyes set up on ended up being purchased by another group and turned into a Mexican grocery store/eatery.

I don't know if we can call it a trend. The idea occurred making a play off of "Prayer Wednesday's" that I thought could be "Rare Wednesday" for a steak night. Friday's, easy, it's fried fish.

I don't know if we'll go this route. I've been to places that have bars, but I haven't been to a "bar" in over a year. "The Music Farm," for the music, and they have a bar. There's a soul food place up the street called "Nigels." They have a bar, I'm there for the food.

My next door neighbor just got home from work: manages the BWW. Not my scene anymore (and the food..well, it's just not that good.) He's someone I'd consider a friend. A guy that lives about a quarter of a mile from me has his own bar. I'd rather keep him as an acquaintance, if that makes sense.

If anything...looks like we'll get into a private dining place. No signage. Key card entrance. The only "argument" we're having now is I want to charge $20 for your first beer, then you can have the next five. But, if you only drink two? Oh well. Drink a bucket, cool. Your seventh beer? $20.

Yeah, that's why I posted... tried to word it that way. The story made me think of that right away when I saw it...

@TerryP you even think about a store front or even a gas station?
There is a concept I've looked at that is based off of what some folks in Texas are doing. They have a store, with about an acre fenced in behind the place. Privacy fencing with several gates for food trucks to pull up and open. So, basically, you buy your drinks and stuff in the store and then have a choice of a few food trucks in the back to eat from.

Back
Top Bottom