| FTBL Tell me I'm wrong. Chris Doering is eaten up with Bama. His comments on Burton, "I don't like it for a number of reasons."

Kind of hypocritical, IMO. Doering got to play with a Heisman QB throwing him passes and he went from walk on to NFL caliber player while catching the most TD passes in SEC history. (Devonta broke the record)

Kid can stay and play in a pedestrian offense and get half the receiving yards at UGA that he would at Bama. Transfer and come help your draft stock and show your skill set, other than run blocking.

Transfer and come help your draft stock and show your skill set, other than run blocking.
I'm glad you mentioned this. It's one thing that separates Metchie and Burton (grudgingly continuing player to player comparisons.) From what I've seen Burton isn't as physical as Metchie and we all know how important having a blocking receiver (in the X and H roles) is for this offense.

(It's an area where Slade was underappreciated.)

At least he was being honest, which I can respect. He hates that Alabama added another big threat for Bryce to throw too and UGA isn't going to overtake Alabama's dynasty. He's one of the plethora of blowhards at ESPN that actively root for any team with a pulse to take down "big bad Bama". Of course he hates this. Naturally though, he had no issue with Maurice Smith transferring to UGA in 2016, when Smith's role would have increased at Bama.

Why does he not like the transfer now? We've watched him for three or four years talk about how unfair it was not to allow kids to transfer, then go on about how fair it is now that they can, but all of a sudden he doesn't like this one?

It sounds like he's trying to say it shouldn't be allowed inside the conference.

Why does he not like the transfer now? We've watched him for three or four years talk about how unfair it was not to allow kids to transfer, then go on about how fair it is now that they can, but all of a sudden he doesn't like this one?

It sounds like he's trying to say it shouldn't be allowed inside the conference.

Doering is just a big gator homer. Anything that benefits Florida, he likes. Anything that doesn’t he dislikes. Some analysis on TV are good at hiding their biases….not Doering.

Back
Top Bottom