| FTBL Stunning attack on Alabama’s academic record.

Davestwin

Arrogance and ignorance are common among elite college football recruits. Most become more humble and wiser after a few years at their chosen university. Of course, others double down on their arrogance and ignorance as only their bodies mature. Oregon’s Thibodeaux fits the latter role perfectly. The “stigmatism” of a degree from Alabama? Seriously? Then his ignorance comes shining through as he says “they’re not West Coast or Harvard”. So, in his inane mind, Oregon and the other schools on the West Coast match up with Harvard. To me, his ignorant arrogance defines him as much as his elite athleticism.

I posted this pic in the Pic of the Day thread, but yeah, you're right. It does belong here.

1642033148650.png

The irony...What a dumbass! I have never developed a stigmatism with either my degree or teaching certificate I earned from UA. Maybe he meant astigmatism. :p

My fellow alums, do you have reflection issues with your degree?

What's sad is that this guy with rocks in his head will be making at least seven figures a year. I really hope he doesn't blow out a knee.

Ignorance is basing your position on what someone else has told you. Stereotypes really do form lots of elitist opinions but of course they would never admit that because well they are smarter than the rest of us.

The entire clip was a disaster, but the stigmatism comment(s) made it completely worthwhile. Him hitching his intellectual moral wagon to a shit company like Nike though? Extra buttercream icing.

Recently released NCAA figures first reported by the San Jose Mercury News show the Ducks tied for 10th in the Pac-12 in percentage of football players who graduate in six years (73%), ahead of only UCLA (71%), which is ed by another former Duck head coach, Chip Kelly.

I believe Alabama's GSR was 93%, December of '21.

On one hand, public education in Alabama is the worst in the country, that's a fact, but he's clearly just talking about the University and that's far from true. The wild thing is how much this has created debate online considering there is zero chance he was being honest. He absolutely never considered the academic programs when choosing a school because Alabama is literally the No. 1 school in the country in his major. He's just taking a dig. I'm glad he's happy with his education, though. He'll need it after he washes out of the NFL in three years. Meanwhile Will Anderson will probably be the top edge player in the league by that point.

A true liberals view of how "education " is graded"
Rankings of Universities in publications like News and World Report are subjective. Much like BBB ratings for business, it's an area that can easily be manipulated to increase your schools rankings.

When it comes to the condition and education of the public schools in Alabama? It isn't good. And that's a fact no matter what brand of political persuasion you've chosen to assign yourself among.

Rankings of Universities in publications like News and World Report are subjective. Much like BBB ratings for business, it's an area that can easily be manipulated to increase your schools rankings.

When it comes to the condition and education of the public schools in Alabama? It isn't good. And that's a fact no matter what brand of political persuasion you've chosen to assign yourself among.
Well...thats true to some extent.... but rural states always grade lower...the pinhead liberals that oversee "standards" see it from their ivory tower...
Federal momey is a big motivator to set achievable standards.....

A true liberals view of how "education " is graded"

You can take shots at me for being a stupid lib or anything else you want to but what I said is demonstrably true no matter how you try to spin it. Even ignoring that we quite literally rank dead last in public education in this country, I've seen it first hand. I'm in those schools every single week, not to mention my mom was a public school teacher for more than 40 years. It's not my "lib view of education" that caused her to have to buy school supplies and duct tape books together and bring her home computers to class because the schools either couldn't or wouldn't provide the tools necessary for those teachers that WANT to do the right things to be able to do it.

Back
Top Bottom