| FTBL Student Ticket Gouging

BamaFan19

Verified Member
I am a student at UA with a budget. Now that you know my background, heres my topic. The Vols game is coming up and I have always wanted to see this game since I said my first Roll Tide! Now that I can get tickets to it, I can't afford them. The ticket package that I chose didn't include the Tenn. game. I really didn't think this would be an issue since the tickets were only $5 apiece from the university. As I have found out this season, the students see things differently. Even though this is a major SEC game against a longtime rival school, I cannot afford a $100 student ticket. It is hard enough to afford gas and groceries on my budget, much less a pricey student ticket. Is there anyone else out there that thinks the same, or am I just too cheap???

Capitalism.. if you wanted to see the UT game you shoulda bought tickets to it when they were offered to you lol... bet you don't make that mistake again :) peruse the campus on game day, you might find a cheaper ticket.

Nate said:
Capitalism.. if you wanted to see the UT game you shoulda bought tickets to it when they were offered to you lol... bet you don't make that mistake again :) peruse the campus on game day, you might find a cheaper ticket.

I don't know...maybe this year you might.??? I don't know about ya'll but I never see tickets available at Bryant-Denny. Maybe I just don't know where to look. I remember years ago back in the day I would see them around Ferguson, but I haven't seen a ticket in years (even for HC games).

Back when we played the Sooners I saw a pair like for $500 and that's the last time. Now down in JAX, different story. I couldn't believe how many tix were available. I'd say I passed at least 50 people selling them.

Good luck!!

Nate said:

I believe some of the freshmen were limited to partial packages, so it may not be a matter of not getting what was available. One thing that pushes the student ticket prices is that for $30 you can convert them to a regular ticket that doesn't require valid student ID for admission.

Good luck in your search.

RTR,

Tim

It Takes Eleven said:
I believe some of the freshmen were limited to partial packages, so it may not be a matter of not getting what was available. One thing that pushes the student ticket prices is that for $30 you can convert them to a regular ticket that doesn't require valid student ID for admission.

Good luck in your search.

RTR,

Tim

He said "The ticket package that I chose didn't include the Tenn. game."

I was trying not to make assumptions about it and just go directly from the facts :p :p :D

BamaDelta said:
I don't know...maybe this year you might.??? I don't know about ya'll but I never see tickets available at Bryant-Denny. Maybe I just don't know where to look. I remember years ago back in the day I would see them around Ferguson, but I haven't seen a ticket in years (even for HC games).

WOW!!!! the ticket people stand on just about every corner, they are all over the place outside the south endzone...

Nate said:
BamaDelta said:

WOW!!!! the ticket people stand on just about every corner, they are all over the place outside the south endzone...

Yeah, I never have had any trouble finding tickets. The trouble I always had was finding tickets that didn't go over 100$ each.

BamaFan19 said:
The ticket package that I chose didn't include the Tenn. game. I really didn't think this would be an issue since the tickets were only $5 apiece from the university.

As they said in the first Indiana Jones movie, "He chose poorly." My daughter is a Sr at UA and got all home games with her package at $5. a pop. So it wasn't that expensive. The trick is to get your ticket request in early when they first go on sale. Luckily you can go to the quad and enjoy with many of your Tide fan brethren courtesy of the big screen they have set up there in case you can't find a ticket. Chances of finding an extra student ticket for sale are slim though. Most of them that are not used by students are sold and converted to a guest ticket. And most "poor" students are applying their economics capitalists lessons for this game. Supply and demand, maximize profits. :D

Glad I got my Tide Pride seats. :)

Nate said:
BamaDelta said:

Delta doesn't run in the same circles or locales as you peons.

Tigrinum Major said:
Nate said:
BamaDelta said:

Delta doesn't run in the same circles or locales as you peons.

Yeah, according to at least one on here I am the Queen. That or Saddam. Take your pick. :shock:

I must go past the South end zone. I'm telling you people, no tickets. 8) Then again, I've never seen or heard Ramp Lady either so I don't know how much credibility I have. :lol:

BamaAlum50 said:
BamaFan19 said:
The ticket package that I chose didn't include the Tenn. game. I really didn't think this would be an issue since the tickets were only $5 apiece from the university.

As they said in the first Indiana Jones movie, "He chose poorly." My daughter is a Sr at UA and got all home games with her package at $5. a pop. So it wasn't that expensive. The trick is to get your ticket request in early when they first go on sale. Luckily you can go to the quad and enjoy with many of your Tide fan brethren courtesy of the big screen they have set up there in case you can't find a ticket. Chances of finding an extra student ticket for sale are slim though. Most of them that are not used by students are sold and converted to a guest ticket. And most "poor" students are applying their economics capitalists lessons for this game. Supply and demand, maximize profits. :D

Glad I got my Tide Pride seats. :)

That was actually the third Indiana Jones movie. I can't wait until the fourth one comes out next year.

My advice would be wait until about an half an hour or less before game time and start looking for a single. People get desperate. They wanna get in the game. Its hard to get rid of a single ticket sometimes. I should know, for the Arkansas game we had to sell our single ticket for $25 bucks. Prices drop FAST near gametime. It's different for BIG games like Tennessee, but thats your best bet. Along the south edge of the quad on the sidewalk, there are tons of sellers. Thats where I saw/seen the most.

Your best bet would of been to get the tickets before the season man. I recommend waiting until kickoff and seeing if anyone has a ticket. They get desperate and will sell them for about $20-40

BamaDelta said:
I must go past the South end zone. I'm telling you people, no tickets. 8) Then again, I've never seen or heard Ramp Lady either so I don't know how much credibility I have. :lol:

Dang girl. You must walk around with blinders on. I've NEVER gone to a game where I didn't see at least 10 different people selling tickets. (That's probably pretty on a bad day too.)

As as far as the ramp lady. :roll: I really really wish I could say the same as you.

mine said:
BamaDelta said:

Dang girl. You must walk around with blinders on. I've NEVER gone to a game where I didn't see at least 10 different people selling tickets. (That's probably pretty on a bad day too.)

As as far as the ramp lady. :roll: I really really wish I could say the same as you.

OK, I'm going to make sure to watch for tickets and Ramp Lady. Uhhh, maybe not Ramp Lady. :D

Back
Top Bottom