| FTBL Starting QBs at Alabama, Ohio St, and Clemson are all from the Los Angeles area

Ranger

Pretty damning evidence to show how far USC has fallen off the radar for many kids these days. They may always be a legacy program, but they’ve failed to adapt with the times and just “assumed” kids would flock there like they did in the Carroll days.

USC was “the place to be” in the 2000s. Hollywood and all of LA went to their games. Now, even if they did start winning like that again, I doubt anyone would even care.

I do wonder if Bryce looks back and thinks “what was I thinking?” when he originally committed to them. A national brand that is quickly fading into apathy.

As is JT Daniels at Georgia. He and Bryce are from Mater Dei.

OT side note: Do you remember Schea Cotton, UA basketball player at the turn of the century? He was from there as well.

Think of ALL the California schools that failed to get top caliber talent: USC, UCLA, Stanford and Cal. Now add other Pac12 schools like Oregon, Oregon State, Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado. Alabama doesn’t get all recruits from Alabama but nearby states are also raided: Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia. There really is no excuse for the entire Pac12 to let highly ranked recruits to go to schools so far from home.

Back
Top Bottom