| FTBL Spreading Crimson Pride

Wiseace615

Verified Member
As I stated in an earlier post, my brother has an exchange student from Germany staying with him this year. Well, Saturday was his first exposure to Alabama Football. Needless to say, he was very impressed. Our first stop was the Bear Bryant museum to give him a taste of the tradition. He was fascinated by the trophies and the old uniforms. We stopped and watched the highlight video of the 92 Championship of which he asked," All of that happened in one game?" and I explained to him that, according to the experts, we didn't even stand a chance in that game.

From the Museum we headed to the Walk of Champions to wait on the team. Luckily the kid is six-four so he was able to get some pretty good video of their entrance.

When we first hit the quad, he asked me,"Is it like this for every game."

"Pretty much," I said.

"Wow," he said," I thought soccer was big in Germany, but it's nothing like this."

While he ate a healthy helping of wings, we briefed him on proper game etiquette: When to say "Roll Tide" during Sweet Home Alabama, How to say Roll Tide during kickoff, and the words to Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer. Then we headed to the game.

He was impressed by the Million Dollar Band, and the Crimsonettes :wink: . He got all of the Roll Tide's right, and gave a hearty, if German accented, Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer. On the way to the car he proclaimed it a "Wonderful day."

So, to everyone who was there, I just wanted to let you know that you represented the Crimson Nation well, and there will be at least one Tide fan in Germany from now on.

-Clayton

P.S. I'll try to post some gameday photos when I get a chance.

I just did a search for "Roll Tide" in an English to German dictionary. There was no translation. I guess "Roll Tide" is the same in any language! :D

Back
Top Bottom