| FOOD Somebody hands you one of these, what’s inside?

Champy's tamales are good!

Really good. Wish someone would open one up in Northport. There is a new shopping center just down the street from me that a Champy's would basically equal a money printing machine for the owner. In an area (Tuscaloosa/Northport) where restaurants try to copy each other (which leads to oversaturation), there's no place like them around here.

Dreamland bbq

I was thinking about BBQ places, and as much as I've had Dreamland, I never get it "to go" (and never have leftovers). Now, Archibald's I'll get to go if it's crowded. I think their boxes are black if I remember correctly... but also an very acceptable answer.

A rectangle piece of pizza with an unknown variant of cheese and 1 pepperoni, a small serving of dried corn, 3 cinnamon apples, and a roll stale enough to throw farther than a tennis ball. The old school cafeteria flashes through my nightmares.

Ha! One thing about the schools I went to, at least until I got to Daphne HS, the food was excellent on the school food scale. The Vestavia Hills cafeterias back in the 80's were kisses fingers.

Stole this from Twitter…

Somebody hands you one of these, what’s inside?

View attachment 18112

First thing that came to mind for me, Champy’s fried chicken (melting the box) with slaw and mashed potatoes w/gravy. (Probably a 2nd box with tamales in it if I'm being honest)

On Sunday, I picked up three pounds of chopped pork from The Shack on Stemley Bridge Road near Pell City in just such a container. I love their BBQ, not as big of a fan of either of their sauces, I usually put Dreamland on it. A second container was their "box" of onion rings.

Back
Top Bottom