| FTBL So What's Up With Barmore?

Reports are he posted something along the lines of "I'm not really feeling it here no more." and took down all his Bama Instagram posts. Supposedly he and Golding got into it but it was all surrounding Eboigbe passing him on the depth chart. Curious if it is just another hot head moment that some guys have or if it will lead to anything.

Damn, one disagreement and he's all in a pissy mood. If this is true, he'll have a tough future if that gets him all up in arms. I hope it's not true though and just some pre-season frustration getting let out.

Damn, one disagreement and he's all in a pissy mood. If this is true, he'll have a tough future if that gets him all up in arms. I hope it's not true though and just some pre-season frustration getting let out.
You tell me that he and a coach get into an argument? That he just up and tell us all he leaving? That is something Bama doesn't need someone to quit during a game!!

You tell me that he and a coach get into an argument? That he just up and tell us all he leaving? That is something Bama doesn't need someone to quit during a game!!

We are all just hearing rumors and guessing....

But one thing we don't have to guess on is his ability to disrupt a game. He was one of about 3 guys on D last year w/ that capability. Hope it gets worked out smoothly (if there's even an issue) and he continues to grow and live in the backfield

Hmm, I didn't know there was an issue last year. I thought I heard is was a nagging injury. Maybe that was code.
This is one of those "sidenote" things that isn't sitting well ...
"I'm going to give you a Christian Barmore saying," Crosby said when asked about Barmore's aggressive style of play. "When he goes up against anybody and he beats them you know the first thing he says, he says 'coach they a baby, he's a baby.' No matter who he beats, he's looking to his teammates and screaming 'he's a baby.'"
And then on the very next play he decides he's going to do it his way, ignore what he's supposed to be doing, and there's a 10 yard rush up the middle because he wasn't in his assigned gap. That's what kept him off the field last year. He wasn't doing his job.

Among several things that Freddie Roach has been praised for one has been his attention to detail when it comes to assignment football along the defensive line. It was something Saban has felt was missing with the Brian Baker hire as well as Craig Kuligowski time in Tuscaloosa.

Bottom line: if you learn the position and do the job that's assigned you get on the field more quickly and more often. He's not fully grasped that yet.

"I'm going to give you a Christian Barmore saying," Crosby said when asked about Barmore's aggressive style of play. "When he goes up against anybody and he beats them you know the first thing he says, he says 'coach they a baby, he's a baby.' No matter who he beats, he's looking to his teammates and screaming 'he's a baby.'"
And then on the very next play he decides he's going to do it his way, ignore what he's supposed to be doing, and there's a 10 yard rush up the middle because he wasn't in his assigned gap. That's what kept him off the field last year. He wasn't doing his job.

Among several things that Freddie Roach has been praised for one has been his attention to detail when it comes to assignment football along the defensive line. It was something Saban has felt was missing with the Brian Baker hire as well as Craig Kuligowski time in Tuscaloosa.

Bottom line: if you learn the position and do the job that's assigned you get on the field more quickly and more often. He's not fully grasped that yet.

With LaBryan Ray back this year, and Eboigbe, Young, Ingraham, and Sophser all having a year in the program now, the depth and competition at DT is better than it's been in a long time. For as talented as Barmore is, other guys can fill his role if not being sound in his responsibilities is an issue.

Gotcha. Than ks for sharing that. I had no idea.

Bama is working on their 4th DL coach in 4 years.
A lot of that is because...

And guys, don't be so quick to simply dismiss. There are long time NFL guys from Bama, as in still active, that had a hard time 'maturing' from HS to D1 play: some we see it physically, some emotionally.

It’s best for Barmore if he sticks it out (which unless something drastic changes, he is). It’s best for Bama if Barmore does what is asked. Every year there are players that fit into that category. Nobody handles it as well as Saban. It’s about getting kids on track and trying to keep them on track. Not always simple but Saban doesn’t give up on these guys easily, especially if he sees promise in them. Who knows if he’ll be asked about it, but if so, Saban will probably play the issue(s) down publicly and talk about his potential.

A lot of that is because...

And guys, don't be so quick to simply dismiss. There are long time NFL guys from Bama, as in still active, that had a hard time 'maturing' from HS to D1 play: some we see it physically, some emotionally.

Great point. R. Davis the obvious example.... Maybe even Q Williams? I also recall guys like D. Tomlinson and A. Robinson just "getting it" from day 1. Always nice when that happens!

In regards to doing their job - I hope the job description includes an expectation of getting the QB to the ground and/or TFL's... In 2020, a 10 yard run can be worth a sack. If you can't pressure the QB, a 10 yard pass is about the minimum punishment against good comp.

Not sure we've ever seen anyone do it as well as Q Williams, while still playing with a certain amount of discipline. Was hoping Barrimore could/can eventually become that guy. Now that Ray is healthy, I'm super optimistic about his talent and maturity to do both.

Back
Top Bottom