| FTBL So does Grant remind you of....

• Thread starter imported_porkchop
  • Start date
watching those recaps just makes me excited for what i expect us to be soon. i can't wait to feel like that again. maybe not this year or the next but soon. of course who do i think im talking to...ya'll know this, lol.

Outlaw said:
He reminds me more of Siran than the others, but that might just be me...

BTW - Gary Hollingsworth. 8) 8) 8)

If you are 23...How the heck do you remember Siran Stacy??? ;scr

I remember him show-boating in the 1990 Sugar Bowl when Miami beat us. He walked to the sideline and Curry was talking to him, he didn't look Curry in the face and Curry grabbed his face mask and about twisted his head off to make him turn and look in the face while being reprimanded.

rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:

I remember him show-boating in the 1990 Sugar Bowl when Miami beat us. He walked to the sideline and Curry was talking to him, he didn't look Curry in the face and Curry grabbed his face mask and about twisted his head off to make him turn and look in the face while being reprimanded.

I'm getting old and forgetful, but I believe that was Prince Wimbley, one of our WR who was from Miami and had been getting an ear full all night. He made a nice catch, did a little Miami-like showboating and was greeted by Curry on the sideline.

RTR,

Tim

porkchop said:
...this guy....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=gzc9geCym78

Or this guy....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yDJH46DZel4

Or maybe it's this guy....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YnHb92shrgA&mode=related&search=

I have a feeling though, that maybe in a while we'll be comparing others to him.

He's probably faster than Sherman, but his gait and running style is probably the closest of the three. He's Sherman shifty with pre-injury Ray Hudson speed.

It's been a while since I've seen the run, but Gene Jelks as a Freshman running back (before HIS injury) might be a good comparison.

RTR,

Tim

I would have to lean toward Stacy with a dash of Palmer, but to be honest, I'm not sure that we've had one exactly like him. I think that, if he stays healthy, he will definitely be one of a kind.

It Takes Eleven said:
rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:

I'm getting old and forgetful, but I believe that was Prince Wimbley, one of our WR who was from Miami and had been getting an ear full all night. He made a nice catch, did a little Miami-like showboating and was greeted by Curry on the sideline.

RTR,

Tim
I believe you are right.

bear facts said:
I couldn't find any actually running play footage of this Bama back, but Grant and this former player do elude tacklers in the secondary much the same way.

They also wear/wore the same jersey number.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cTf7R1sXlac

Btw, I love the shot of Tater Tot after the Bama TD. :D

Tot just melted, didn't he? You could almost hear him saying, "If Mr. Louder was upset about his daughter, he's going to KILL me for this!" :D

Definately Williams like. Great first step and cut back vision. He's gonna get better every game and gonna be fun to watch. Cant wait!!

rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:

Marshall Faulk in his college years. But, it's a bit soon to say that...

rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:

That was Prince Wimbley. Remember, Wimbley showboated over a seemingly insignificant incident, intending it as a slap in the face of Miami players.

I thought it was kind of funny. :D

rammerjammer said:
Outlaw said:

Well, I was really just referring to each individual video that was posted. But, 1989-1990ish is around the time I actually first REMEMBER watching Bama football games. :oops:

Back
Top Bottom