| FTBL So, do you see this as another 2010/2013/2019 season or another 2011/2012/2015/2017 season in the making?

Davestwin

My eyes tell me it’s the former but my heart’s hoping it’s the latter. There’s a whole lot that needs correcting and some of that can’t be manufactured, taught or coached … like leadership and a desire for excellence. Your thoughts?

My eyes tell me it’s the former but my heart’s hoping it’s the latter. There’s a whole lot that needs correcting and some of that can’t be manufactured, taught or coached … like leadership and a desire for excellence. Your thoughts?
It might just end up being an "off" year. That in itself says a lot when not winning it all is considered an off year. Injuries certainly haven't helped, but against arguably the two best teams that we have played, our defense has not looked good. As far as the offense goes, it was just a bad night. Too many mistakes. Hopefully we will learn from them, move on, and get the opportunity in the sec championship game to get into the playoffs

Multiple loss team is what I see. Still have to play the boogs in away game and Saban has always struggled there even when he was at the wHO.
Here is why I disagree, uncharacteristic turnovers removed and bama wins a poorly played game. Now that does not mean they will not struggle or be as dominant as we are used to but instead of double digit wins games may be a lot tighter.

I am 100% convinced we will not see the playoffs. I'd certainly be happy to be wrong. There's too many inconsistencies with this team. Every remaining team on our schedule besides NM State will prepare like they never had before with the expectation at beating us. I will not be surprised if UT plays us to the wire just like A&M.

Then there is that other team down the road. Jordan hairy a$$ is going to be foaming out the butt w/ toilet paper & this will be their entire season.

And I'd rather lose another game than have to play UGA to get gutted & cleaned before the entire nation, then have to live with the insufferable Georgia fans for the year after they win the NC.

I believe we are most like the Blake Simms year with a final record more like 2010. In 2010 we had a bunch of injury issues, leadership issues but this was one of our most talented teams and we just severely under preformed. In that Blake Simms year, we were just sneaking by people, we had a bunch of young talent that just hadn't developed yet. We just weren't as talented as we had been and I think that is more fitting of this years team. That year Blake Simms, a running back won the QB job and I thought he played well beyond his ability and brought us back from the dead several times,

This years team just lacks game breakers or difference makers, it lacks leadership and it lacks discipline and fire. I am sure their are some on the team as we attract those kinds of players.. my hope is that we are able to find and elevate them or they rise to the top during this adversity.

Back
Top Bottom