| FTBL Should the Rams select Eddie Lacy, if he is available?

planomateo

This might surprise a few of you...

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/57824605" width="500" height="281" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/57824605">Should the Rams select Eddie Lacy, if he is available?</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user9153605">101ESPN</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

Didn't they take a RB from Cincinnati last year? I still have him going to the Jets in the 2nd. Rams IMO need someone like Cordelle Paterson to help Bradford, they're losing Danny Amendola to Free Agency.

Last edited:
Didn't they take a RB from Cincinnati last year? I still have him going to the Jets in the 2nd. Rams IMO need someone like Cordelle Paterson to help Bradford, they're losing Danny Amendola to Free Agency.

IMO after the combine there will be no way he falls to the 2nd...

I really wish ATL would take him, Turner is just about done and there is no way Rodgers can carry the load at his size no matter how tough he is. Unfortunately Gonzo is retiring too so we have that need along with a need for an elite pass rusher (tho there may not be many of those in the draft) and others on defense too.

Yeah ATL is in dire need of a big time DT, 28th against the run I believe and Weather Spoon isn't getting younger..Hell I wouldn't mind you guys trading up for our spot to get that Star kid from Utah and you give us your original spot and a 2nd round.

Anyways I digress, I think Eddie will be a late first round-mid 2nd round. Health is a concern for him, other than that he's the RB every NFL team would want..As much as I hate the Steelers, he could be a Jerome Bettis-esque, and they're also in need of some bull dozer RB

From the games I've watched, Atlanta needs help on the other side of the ball :)

There's no question about that but we also need someone that can fill that void with Turner regressing. We definitely need a lot of help defensively and that needs to be addressed in free agency hopefully, but also if there is someone at our spot on defense that can help us immediately we should go there.

Yeah ATL is in dire need of a big time DT, 28th against the run I believe and Weather Spoon isn't getting younger..Hell I wouldn't mind you guys trading up for our spot to get that Star kid from Utah and you give us your original spot and a 2nd round.

Anyways I digress, I think Eddie will be a late first round-mid 2nd round. Health is a concern for him, other than that he's the RB every NFL team would want..As much as I hate the Steelers, he could be a Jerome Bettis-esque, and they're also in need of some bull dozer RB

lol I dont what your talking about with Spoon tho, hes only 25, and he's definitely not the problem on defense.

There isn't anyone that is a playmaker (regardless of offense or defense) that would be worth trading up this year, in other words there isnt a Julio in this draft. I'm really thinking that if Eifert is there at our spot we will pull the trigger on him. Smith is almost in desperation mode with Gonzalez retiring. Really the only guy I'd be down with us trading up for would be Jarvis Jones, maybe the Moore kid from A&M.

Yeah, they drafted Isiah Peade out of Cinci last year. Supposed to be a really solid back with a good shot at becoming a good player at the next level. Having said that, I've not seen him any, if at all, on the field running for the Rams this year. They had another backup spelling (and at times, starting for) Jackson.

The Rams' problem is that they need an heir to Jackson. Is it Peade? Don't know. They also have zero. Let me re-phrase that ZE R O reliability at wide receiver. They need both desperately. This is an ongoing trend for the Rams and their keystone front office.

Although I would like Eddie going to ATl I really hope we do something with that lovely defense, if we trade up I agree the only guy I would be cool with doing so is Jarvis Jones, but I really hope they help the defense through free agency.

Although I would like Eddie going to ATl I really hope we do something with that lovely defense, if we trade up I agree the only guy I would be cool with doing so is Jarvis Jones, but I really hope they help the defense through free agency.

I was looking at the list of potential free agents yesterday... Dwight Freeney (DL), Ed Reed (S), Michael Johnson (DL), Richard Seymour (DL), Osi Umenyiora (DL), Paul Kruger (LB), and Shaun Phillips (LB) are the ones that caught my eye tho I have no idea which ones are unrestricted free agents. Out of those guys the ones I'd really like to see us go after are Seymour, Freeney, Kruger, and Reed. Just hope we dont get stuck with another 8 million dollar black hole like Ray Edwards.

I was looking at the list of potential free agents yesterday... Dwight Freeney (DL), Ed Reed (S), Michael Johnson (DL), Richard Seymour (DL), Osi Umenyiora (DL), Paul Kruger (LB), and Shaun Phillips (LB) are the ones that caught my eye tho I have no idea which ones are unrestricted free agents. Out of those guys the ones I'd really like to see us go after are Seymour, Freeney, Kruger, and Reed. Just hope we dont get stuck with another 8 million dollar black hole like Ray Edwards.

Kruger would be the best out of those choices...Seymour is worthless..He, Tommy Kelly, and McClain are all cancers of a locker room

lol I dont what your talking about with Spoon tho, hes only 25, and he's definitely not the problem on defense.

There isn't anyone that is a playmaker (regardless of offense or defense) that would be worth trading up this year, in other words there isnt a Julio in this draft. I'm really thinking that if Eifert is there at our spot we will pull the trigger on him. Smith is almost in desperation mode with Gonzalez retiring. Really the only guy I'd be down with us trading up for would be Jarvis Jones, maybe the Moore kid from A&M.

Is it Spoon or John Abraham? I'm not sure, haven't kept up with ATL, anyways I think they do need a playmaker like Jarvis Jones or maybe Werner from FSU...Some speed rusher off the edge...Damonrte Moore would be the best pick but he's likely to be picked #2 by Jacksonville or by my Raiders....If we don't trade down (unlikely)

Kruger would be the best out of those choices...Seymour is worthless..He, Tommy Kelly, and McClain are all cancers of a locker room

I obviously dont follow OAK closely but I know Seymour is extremely versatile and can be productive in a 3-4 or a 4-3 or a hybrid like our defense, and no offense but OAK seems to be a place where careers go to damn near die. Look at Randy Moss, he had the "cancer" label by Raiders fans too then he went and shattered records in New England and is in for his 2nd Super Bowl now with SF. But IF he is a cancer Smith has shown no fear in cutting big time players (see Ray Edwards and now Michael Turner is rumored to be hitting the chopping block).

Is it Spoon or John Abraham? I'm not sure, haven't kept up with ATL, anyways I think they do need a playmaker like Jarvis Jones or maybe Werner from FSU...Some speed rusher off the edge...Damonrte Moore would be the best pick but he's likely to be picked #2 by Jacksonville or by my Raiders....If we don't trade down (unlikely)

Abraham is definitely in his last years, he was drafted the same year as Shaun Alexander (2000). Like I said, Spoon is only 25 and hasn't yet peaked. Moore is the guy that impresses me the most because he's not just a great pass rusher, hes good against the run as well. Jones struggles against the run sometimes but his ability to rush the passer might be worth it to trade up for him anyway.

I obviously dont follow OAK closely but I know Seymour is extremely versatile and can be productive in a 3-4 or a 4-3 or a hybrid like our defense, and no offense but OAK seems to be a place where careers go to damn near die. Look at Randy Moss, he had the "cancer" label by Raiders fans too then he went and shattered records in New England and is in for his 2nd Super Bowl now with SF. But IF he is a cancer Smith has shown no fear in cutting big time players (see Ray Edwards and now Michael Turner is rumored to be hitting the chopping block).

Yeah no harm, mainly we live up to that stereotype because of the evaluations of Al Davis and no team chemistry in the locker room or on the field..This team top to bottom has the worst talent in the league. Yes even worse than Jacksonville

Uhhhh I dont know if I'd go that far, JAX is pretty bad, but it shows you what coaches/staff think about Tim Tebow as a QB that even JAX won't take a shot on him.

How nuts is it that KC was as bad as they were? Loaded with talent all over the field on that team but just played horribly together.

Back
Top Bottom