| FTBL Seth McLaughlin in for Dalacourt?

Would imagine they'd like to sit Dalcourt for this one, but they've got to get these guys on the same page to have any chance at/in the postseason. Also with Cohen now out for at least 1 game with a wrist fracture and almost certainly more, that's more nails in the OL tires, so you'd then be down 2 starters. I'm 100% cool with them sitting him though.

Cohen broke his wrist

From AL.com:

Alabama also played without a pair of starting offensive linemen with center Darrian Dalcourt out with a sprained ankle while left guard Javion Cohen hurt his wrist this week.

“It was repaired and he’s fine,” Saban said.

Both Cohen and Dalcourt are expected to be back at practice Tuesday, Saban said.

That’s pretty quick for a broken wrist.

From AL.com:

Alabama also played without a pair of starting offensive linemen with center Darrian Dalcourt out with a sprained ankle while left guard Javion Cohen hurt his wrist this week.

“It was repaired and he’s fine,” Saban said.

Both Cohen and Dalcourt are expected to be back at practice Tuesday, Saban said.

That’s pretty quick for a broken wrist.
Hurt his wrist but it was repaired. 😂 Switched it out for a new one. The way he put it makes me chuckle.

When i saw Owens starting this past weekend, I was like Why Seth didn't start... but he did real good job. I pray we see Seth starting this weekend. Seth needs to see more playing time going forward. Dalcourt will be back tomorrow, so we'll see where RT position will be at. George did better at RT than Owens, but he's still learning. No way we see Owens at RT this weekend but who knows.

Until bye week and then Owen's got moved to center and he didn't do well 2 weeks in a row. If Owens start this weekend then we know ain't no changing going forward
I am not sure you will see a change unless there is an injury or next year. Saban seems to be loyal and committed once he makes a decision with personnel.

I am not sure you will see a change unless there is an injury or next year. Saban seems to be loyal and committed once he makes a decision with personnel.

We're in a Tua/Jalen situation here where we are heading to the second half of the Natty and we either make a change or deal with not making it to the finish line. Coach knows everything is still right in front of this team, but he also has to know we are coming up on the 4th quarter of the season with two SEC games left and an SEC Championship game, all against teams that can be competitive/beat us. That being said, hopefully he sees it's time for a change, regardless of loyalty. I feel he's in that situation right now exactly. We only have so many more opportunities to get the left side of the line together before there is no turning back.

We're in a Tua/Jalen situation here where we are heading to the second half of the Natty and we either make a change or deal with not making it to the finish line. Coach knows everything is still right in front of this team, but he also has to know we are coming up on the 4th quarter of the season with two SEC games left and an SEC Championship game, all against teams that can be competitive/beat us. That being said, hopefully he sees it's time for a change, regardless of loyalty. I feel he's in that situation right now exactly. We only have so many more opportunities to get the left side of the line together before there is no turning back.
Let's hope there is someone playing as well as Tua did behind Hurts to make that decision easy. May be a little harder to evaluate this at OL.

Back
Top Bottom