| FTBL Seems like some of you have a very short memory

Hey Teet,

How can we forget McFadden when we have had Arkansas fans shoving him down our throat all week? I wonder if you guy have forgotten that your defense is suspect and wasn't showing promise of being world beaters against Troy. Is DM going to play both ways this week? Did you find a passing game so you wouldn't be one dimensional?

DM is a great player on an otherwise very ordinairy team.

bamafan4ever said:
Hey Teet,

How can we forget McFadden when we have had Arkansas fans shoving him down our throat all week? I wonder if you guy have forgotten that your defense is suspect and wasn't showing promise of being world beaters against Troy. Is DM going to play both ways this week? Did you find a passing game so you wouldn't be one dimensional?

DM is a great player on an otherwise very ordinairy team.
You're right on most accounts. I didn't look for any other D-Mac posts for Hogs fans before I posted, sorry. Our defense is built to stop the run not defend the circus ball that Troy was playing. No, we haven't found a passing game(as I mentioned originally) but there have only been three games when D-dog has been stopperd and he was hurt in all three. There hasn't been one single game though, that both backs have been shut down. I'm excited for tomorrow night. Should be a war.

Didn't the Giants call Tiki Barber and Ron Dayne Lightning and Thunder? You guys should at least come up with original nicknames.

Personally, I don't have a short memory on this game. I remember your RB's rushing for almost 300 yards versus LSU who fielded probably the best defense in the SEC last season. Oh, and if I may point out your RB's rushed for practically half that against Bama. Now, before I hear the "injury" comments, you might want to consider the 275+ they put up in the 2nd game of the season. Heck, you had trouble running the ball versus Vandy last year with a seasoned, and senior laden, offensive line.

Heck, you only rushed about 50 more yards than we did with what was perhaps one of the worst offensive lines we seen in the history of Alabama football, save one LT.

I recall a team missing 4 kicks, 3 of them FG's and it still took OT for UA to lose that game. Against a Shula coached team, as well.

I will grant you that the running attack at Arkansas can't be stopped. We've never even insinuated the possibility. Slow it down? Oh yeah, that's definitely possible.

We'll see in a little over 24 hours how this game will turn out. I'd suspect, with an Arkansas loss, you'll have a very short memory forgetting the URL of this forum.

TerryP said:
Personally, I don't have a short memory on this game. I remember your RB's rushing for almost 300 yards versus LSU who fielded probably the best defense in the SEC last season. Oh, and if I may point out your RB's rushed for practically half that against Bama. Now, before I hear the "injury" comments, you might want to consider the 275+ they put up in the 2nd game of the season. Heck, you had trouble running the ball versus Vandy last year with a seasoned, and senior laden, offensive line.

Heck, you only rushed about 50 more yards than we did with what was perhaps one of the worst offensive lines we seen in the history of Alabama football, save one LT.

I recall a team missing 4 kicks, 3 of them FG's and it still took OT for UA to lose that game. Against a Shula coached team, as well.

I will grant you that the running attack at Arkansas can't be stopped. We've never even insinuated the possibility. Slow it down? Oh yeah, that's definitely possible.

We'll see in a little over 24 hours how this game will turn out. I'd suspect, with an Arkansas loss, you'll have a very short memory forgetting the URL of this forum.

;w;w ;w;w

thisteetstaken said:
RollTideRandy said:
Damn you!!!! LOL Man, that play just sucked the life right out of me that day. I watched him from my endzone seat getting smaller and smaller as he galloped away. :(

Talk about the life being sucked away. My seats for that game were next to a mass of Arky fans, and we went from 21 up to losing in OT. What a crappy game that was. Remember the wrath of God rain that fell just before kickoff?

bamascw said:
thisteetstaken said:
RollTideRandy said:
Damn you!!!! LOL Man, that play just sucked the life right out of me that day. I watched him from my endzone seat getting smaller and smaller as he galloped away. :(

Talk about the life being sucked away. My seats for that game were next to a mass of Arky fans, and we went from 21 up to losing in OT. What a crappy game that was. Remember the wrath of God rain that fell just before kickoff?

Wrong game Fran was smart enough to win if he had a 21 point lead. Shula blew a 21 point lead in 2003 and thus forever rendering him an Idiot to Lenny. (little did I know he would only get worse)

ha, my friend at work who is a razorbacks fan had the balls to proclaim that arky's d will hold us to 13 points or less.

I quickly reminded him how crazy he must be because if Troy can hang 26 on you, the tide is going to at least put up the same probably more. it's amazing how much kool-aid the hogs fans have been drinking.

bamascw said:
Didn't the Giants call Tiki Barber and Ron Dayne Lightning and Thunder? You guys should at least come up with original nicknames.

USC's Bush and White was also called Thunder and Lighting by the media, I guess Arkansas is just trying to cash in on the cliche.

Back
Top Bottom