| FTBL SEC Coaches---Who will be fired this year?

Which SEC coach is most likely to be fired this year?

• Ed Orgeron---Ole Miss

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rich Brooks---Kentucky

• Houston Nutt---Arkansas

• None of the Above

• Total voters
This is a tough one.

I think that Ark fans really want Nutt out! Big time! But Nutt seems to have a survivor's mentality and he may make it through this like he always does. It's not likely, but it's possible.

Rich Brooks and Sly are my top two on the list. Sly has done nothing (other than beating us last year) to justify keeping his job. Brooks is a coach that seemed to be coaching to get fired. Brooks seemed like he wanted to be fired. Did everything in his power to be fired, but then screwed it up last season and actually won a few games. I stil feel like UK fans have to be tired of it though. The team is going nowhere fast.

There will surely be multiple firings, but one that you can almost count on is Croom. If your shooting for almost certain failure.

I voted Nutt because he's not going to have Broyles watching his back like before. But, I figure UArk, OM, and MSU will all be hiring new coaches after the season is over.

re

Arkansas has too much to lose this season to fire Nutt before the year. I know alot of people are calling for his job, but they have a chance to win 8,9 or 10 games this season, there's no way they'll fire him before this year.

Now if he losses in excess of 6 games this year, he will be fired anyways lol

I think Croom will get the ax at the end of the year. He may win 5 or 6 games, but losing 5 or 6 more would make his career winning % so pathetic even Miss St would have to fire him.

My first post here, hopefully I will remember to come here daily and check it out.

re

porkchop said:
We'd be glad to have you RTR2006. Put us down on your favorites and swing by whenever you can. :)

Hey thanks, I had a guy from the radio show contact me about a link exchange and he mentioned that he was affiliated with you guys, so I thought I'd check it out.

bamaguy69 said:
Man, I have to go with Croom.... He won what 3 games last season... I don't see how he doesn't get fired

MSU fire Croom???????????????? and replace him with who??????????????????

give me a break, MSU needs Croom more than Croom needs MSU.

porkchop said:
This is a tough one.

I stil feel like UK fans have to be tired of it though. The team is going nowhere fast.

Actually, most UK fans were pretty proud of the season and the bowl win.

Basketball is everything. Football is something to pass the time until basketball season in KY.

I think Croom is on the hottest seat.

MSU will have a hard time firing Croom. Losses be damed. Having said that they might do it,but they will take a huge PR hit. It all depends if they want to wait or just do it now. The usual self agenda people will twist Croom's fate to be the fault of the University or the SEC. Despite his record. Sad that it will be that way but it will happen.

Orgeron,Croom,and Brooks all had their teams ending the season on strong notes last year. Miss st beating us last year was no fluke, they were a better coached football team. They had nearly beaten Georgia the week before. Vandy is very good. They are a few athletes away from a 9 win season. They came out strong last year playing Michigan and Alabama on the road very tough for 4 quarters. UK made a statement last year beating Georgia and Clemson.I don't think any of those three get fired. Houston Nutt will likely not get fired either, I feel that he will step down before he is fired. After all, this guy is a good football coach. I don't know that there is a better guy for Arkansas football right now.

rolltyroll said:
Orgeron,Croom,and Brooks all had their teams ending the season on strong notes last year. Miss st beating us last year was no fluke, they were a better coached football team. They had nearly beaten Georgia the week before. Vandy is very good. They are a few athletes away from a 9 win season. They came out strong last year playing Michigan and Alabama on the road very tough for 4 quarters. UK made a statement last year beating Georgia and Clemson.I don't think any of those three get fired. Houston Nutt will likely not get fired either, I feel that he will step down before he is fired. After all, this guy is a good football coach. I don't know that there is a better guy for Arkansas football right now.

Interesting thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom