| FTBL Season of Appreciation

Tidestalker

Thought about the good/bad/ugly thread for the season... But it would be nearly impossible to fill in the last 2.

This year was unlike the others - I was dead ass wrong from the jump in believing there wouldn't be a season. Appreciation for the SEC and folks who really pushed this to happen... It's unbelievable to be able to manage an entire season under the circustances.

Now, onto football:

-The general unselfishness of these players. They gave up more than we know in social life, mental health, and so many experiences that normal college kids get to enjoy

-Sark... What a stud. This man literally came through in every single big moment with the perfect play call. Has to be the greatest assistant coaching performance in the history of CF (Brady included). The true tell was the way Saban never second guessed him or showed any hesitation in his ability this year... Kind of unheard of!

-Mac. @TerryP gave some hints going back to last season, and I kind of caught on quickly to how great he could be. But still, NO ONE could have thought it would end like THIS. Absolute domination & greatness. Whether it was a product of the system, Sark's brilliance, great WR's, or whatever... It doesn't matter. He just put together one of, if not the greatest QB season of all time. Mac Mf'n Jones!

-D. Smith... What else is there to say? Tonight was a microcosm of the season. He literally could not be stopped. The quickness, speed, route running are all impeccable... But the TOUGHNESS was absolutely astonishing. In that lean body he was so durable and dependable until some bad luck tonight... After he had already demoralized their defense. We've said this before, but I don't know if we will ever see another one like him... Although I hope I'm wrong

-N. Harris - Time and time again he was a beast in big moments. Even going back to last years game, he always showed up. When both he and D Smith decided to come back late in the process, I had a feeling about how special the O could be. Those 2 literally changed the stratosphere of the season with that decision. I'm glad it worked out for him and he will now be rewarded! Well deserved!

-Waddle - Most everyone knows he's about my fave player in Alabama history... Tonight shows why. The combo of toughness and unselfishness is unrivaled. His career may go down as a guy that we never got to see fully play his role due to depth and injuries, but he was out there gutting it out for the betterment of the team (despite the draft risk!). And somehow he was able to bring in 3 balls, 2 in big situations. When Smith went out and he had to take on more snaps, if nothing else it allowed others some space to operate. He's the realist! Now pay this man!

-Pete Golding - Have to give him credit for the improvement this season! He's been a whipping boy and sometimes deservedly so, but when credit is due you have to acknowledge where this D ended up. All 3 levels showed improvement and cohesiveness, culminating in a pretty good performance tonight against a legit 2021 offense.

-OL - That entire group was just amazing. Even down to the last game where Owens has to step in, it was seamless. Maybe the best group of the Saban era? Mac was clean almost all season....

-WILL REICHARD - Did we seriously just see an Alabama kicker finish the season WITHOUT A MISS?! What? Is this real life? Next year we finally get to have confidence in a fantastic kicker... Aint that some sh*t?!

Could go on and on about other dudes... But last and not least - CNS. What else is there to say? He is the GOAT. Where he may deserve the most credit is his vision to keep the coordinators and staff as consistent as possible this year. The congruency was huge, and it was genius. I keep thinking he will retire and ride off into the sunset, especially after this type of performance, but he just keeps coming back. And thank goodness! RTR

***Almost forgot to mention another reason CNS is a 'G' - His new approach to the strength & conditioning aspect/staff cannot be understated. At the time there was a feeling that losing Cochran was a huge deal, as Kirby believed he was taking a brick out of the wall. Once again, CNS gets over on his assistant(s) by allowing that move to be made, and having a belief in what this new staff could bring to the table. That change is yet another reason he is the GOAT... The fearlessness to make big changes and continue to evolve, even when it looks and feels risky. 🐐

Back
Top Bottom