Satellite Radio

SemperTide

Verified Member
I have to get something soon as B'ham radio is nonexistent. Preferences, input, suggestions appreciated. SiriusXM looks like the same crap on the music channels on DTV, any other options out there, as well as what receivers seem to work best for folks that have them? I really don't trust interweb reviews and the store sales people are well salesmen, so some good practical advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
I've had satellite radio for about 7 years in either 1 or both vehicles - currently wife and I both have it.

I like it, but it gets expensive if you look at it over say 7 years - I could easily do without it - there are a few channels I enjoy listening to. I'll share with you a trick, I usually pay about 1/2 price for it, I call up their customer service and ask to speak with retention and then get them to give me a big discount on it, usually end up paying around $80 a year per receiver vs $15 a month or whatever it is these days.

I have to get something soon as B'ham radio is nonexistent. Preferences, input, suggestions appreciated. SiriusXM looks like the same crap on the music channels on DTV, any other options out there, as well as what receivers seem to work best for folks that have them? I really don't trust interweb reviews and the store sales people are well salesmen, so some good practical advice is appreciated.

You're in a situation similar to what I was in when purchasing a tablet recently.

I don't trust the reviews online if they are from customers. You never can tell what they are trying to do, what they need to do, if they even understand what UI means, etc.

I actually found a message forum on tablets that helped me make my decision. There was very little cybercrud and I could weed through some of the jargon of the technoids and figure out just what needed.

With you, is it music? News? If music, you've got alternatives. If you want all of it, you're stuck unless you have a mobile hot-spot in your vehicle.

Music mostly but the ole cd, ipod just gets redundant, and I always forget to update my playlist or throw new disc in the glovebox. Guess we'll just keep on streaming the iphone, and hope att keeps my wife on the unlimited data package. Thanks guys, just wondering if there was something new out that was worth the while.

If I were you, I'd save my money and spend some time each week putting new songs on your I-pad.

One of our members here has a mini-Mac installed in his vehicle. I may be wrong, but I want to say he's got 15K songs saved?

I'll shoot him a note and ask him to post a few pics of his Honda. It's a SWEET setup!!

I'm sure familiar with Pandora, but have you ever heard of tunein radio? Similar to iheartradio. It can give you a choice of stations around the country and mix up your choice of music/talk radio pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom