| FTBL Saban's comments on Cody...(Out a few weeks?) Links

Don't get too excited. We will know nothing until after the MRI. The way they were checking it on the sidelines was the way they check for a ligament tear. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Can they even fit Cody in a MRI? :shock:

Seriously though I hope he pulls thru and can play in the next couple of weeks. LSU game would be a gift but I just don't see it right now.

bamascw said:
Don't get too excited. We will know nothing until after the MRI. The way they were checking it on the sidelines was the way they check for a ligament tear. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thats what they do for any kind of knee injury though, just because they were doing it doesnt mean he tore anything... could have a sprained/strained knee...

At this point all we can do is hope for the best. As bad as it seems I was wondering when we we're gonna start to see some injuries. :(

Best wishes to Cody on a speedy recovery whatever the outcome.

Watching the trainers with his leg he tore his ACL like I am recovering from. It sucks, but I hope it isn't true. We need him the rest of the year. But they showed the trainers doing the test they do on me with my ACL and it was gone.

Ill wait to hear the word after the MRI as well, but if andrews told CNS that he probably wouldnt need surgery id take his word for it... he is one of the drs that worked on me last year when i tore a piece of bone and cartilage out in my knee...

it looked to me like his MCL was shot when the doc was motioning the joint for gapping. i hope not.

God bless you, Mr. Cody. we pray that your body heals well. you are an inspiration to the team and the fans!

AlabamaSlammer said:
Watching the trainers with his leg he tore his ACL like I am recovering from. It sucks, but I hope it isn't true. We need him the rest of the year. But they showed the trainers doing the test they do on me with my ACL and it was gone.

There is absolutely no way you could tell by watching on T.V whether he tore his ACL by watching the trainers. For one thing, when they are doing those tests they aren't really looking at anything, they are feeling for the leg to respond like it is supposed to when subjected to various stresses. He may have torn his ACL ( I doubt it), but there is no way you could make that call.

BAMA JAMMA said:
Can they even fit Cody in a MRI? :shock:

Seriously though I hope he pulls thru and can play in the next couple of weeks. LSU game would be a gift but I just don't see it right now.
The new "open" MRI they use now is really neat. If you have an injury to an extemity like a knee or ankle, they put a collar around it that kind of looks like the "big donut" MRI and just put that part under the magnet. I had an MRI for migraines years ago and there's no way big ol' Cody would've fit in that thing. I'm 5'9" and weigh 160 and it was TIGHT.
On a different note, have you notice how each week, the Cody's "report weight" goes up by about 5 pounds? I think they said he reported at 430 in the spring. I thought it was 410 earlier.

FWIW, he didn't come back onto the field as a precaution. I wouldn't want all that weight to be put on a knee either. I'm gonna remain optimistic until I hear something final.

Just a small update...

Today they are letting the swelling go down a bit...MRI will be handled tomorrow. We *may* have results back by the presser tomorrow afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom