| FTBL Saban's comments from moments ago (on Cody)...

I

imported_Porter

-Terrence Cody has an MCL sprain. He will be out for at least 2 weeks, then will be re-evaluated. His injury is similar to what happened to Andre Smith earlier this season.

-Against ole Miss... John Parker Wilson and Mike Johnson played well on offense. Rashad Jonhson, Javy Arenas, Brandon Fanney stood out on defense. Robby Green and Chris Rogers played well on special teams.

Porter said:
-Terrence Cody has an MCL sprain. He will be out for at least 2 weeks, then will be re-evaluated. His injury is similar to what happened to Andre Smith earlier this season.

-Against ole Miss... John Parker Wilson and Mike Johnson played well on offense. Rashad Jonhson, Javy Arenas, Brandon Fanney stood out on defense. Robby Green and Chris Rogers played well on special teams.

Its looking like CODY will be back for the LSU game :D

Good news. Hopefully Terrance is a quick healer and 2 weeks out is the max time. I will keep praying for his full recovery. Look for Washington to move down to Nose to provide depth for Chapman.

the_rolltide said:
Porter said:

Its looking like CODY will be back for the LSU game :D

Pray.

IMO....I would keep him out till Auburn..or maybe even the SEC Championship game... To make sure he is healed up good. If he is ready for LSU...Limit his plays and keep him out for the Auburn game...Just my 2 cents....Just want to make sure he is okay..and dont try to bring him back too soon.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Reevaluated after 2 weeks doesnt not= a return. just saying

Indeed. It basically means, we are not tipping our hand to LSU. I'll go ahead and guess now that they call Cody a game time decision that week, knowing that he might not even make the trip. Hopefully he will heal up fast though.

Southern Bama said:
IMO....I would keep him out till Auburn..or maybe even the SEC Championship game... To make sure he is healed up good. If he is ready for LSU...Limit his plays and keep him out for the Auburn game...Just my 2 cents....Just want to make sure he is okay..and dont try to bring him back too soon.

auburn will just chop him and put him right back on the cart. :roll:

Porter said:
Southern Bama said:

auburn will just chop him and put him right back on the cart. :roll:

Well played Porter!
I would love to have him back for the LS-who game but if he isn't 100% it might only hurt us.

That is great news, I certainly hope he'll be back in time for the LSwho game.

auburn will just chop him and put him right back on the cart. Rolling Eyes

I also wondered something like that as well! We all know they're desperate over there. :?

I am just glad that he did not have a season-ending or heaven forbid career-ending injury.

I do think Saban should hold him out until after the Iron Bowl just to be on the safe side, though. :p

We have guys in the 300 lb range that can play the NT, but no one close to Cody's size who has the other traits needed for the position.

Chapman has done a hell of a job this year...just overlooked because so much attn. has been paid to Cody.

Our OL guys have had very good things to say about Josh...the same type things they have said about Cody.

Chapman will require a double team but probably not a triple team like Cody has at times.

The question isn't about Chapman, in my book. It's about who fills his back-up role when he needs a breather.

I agree TerryP. That's why I think that Washington bumps down from the end to Nose position to add some depth.I know that in obvious pass situations that Greenwood lines up at nose and we bring in another end. I'd look for Washington to get reps since he has the experience from last year.

TerryP said:

The question isn't about Chapman, in my book. It's about who fills his back-up role when he needs a breather.
Certainly an interesting scenario. Do you think it is possible we see Zo sliding inside periodically and guys like Davis or maybe even Dareus filling in a little bit?

Back
Top Bottom