| FTBL Saban talks to Jamarcus Russell on the air...

WOW !!
Thanks porter for that. Nothing but respect all around. That was short but if that ain't a head coach I don't know what is.

Nice of him to call his former player. But with the way he always talks about LSU, I hope Miles stays there forever and Saban can do twice as good and develop relationships with players here at Bama like he did at LSU.

That's class. Nothing wrong with respecting people, and it's obvious that Jamarcus and his Uncle has great respect for Saban. To be honest, I respect Coach Saban much more because he respects the people in Baton Rouge, than if he spewed hatred the way Miles has. That interview speaks well of how Coach Saban recruits and coaches. Roll Tide!!!

Crimson&WhiteGecko said:
WOW!!!...
Exactly what I thought. I think that shows that Saban really believe what he is doing and makes great impact on players. I really loved to hear about how the 4th qtr program helped them pile points up in the 4th qtr. Boy will that be a change for us. The respect he showed for Coach was also apparent. Not only him but the Uncle and such. Did you hear Coach Saban mention stuff such as health concerns involving Russell's family. He is very in tune with his players which shows what kind of man he is. This going to be a ride. Some one eluded earlier that they hope Miles stays at LSU for ever. Well if Saban stays at Bama for more than 3 years, which I believe he will, he will have made bonds and connections here in Bama nation that will have him wanting to stay here.

I like how he respects LSU and everything but it has to freak people out to a certain extent. In saying that, you can also tell that he really cares about his players. I can see why he is such a great recruiter and college coach.

I understand how some of you are concerned about his love for LSU, but remember Spurrier loves Florida but did not go back there. The old saying you can never go home holds true it's just never the same. Plus all you ever hear is he does not stay at one job too long. When you burn too many bridges your opportunities get slimmer. Coach Saban is a very smart man and he knows he can't keep jumping from job to job so he is going to have to stay at one place for a while to kind of rebuild his reputation.
But that is just my take on it and maybe it is just wishful thinking. :wink:

I for one am tired of his talk about LSU. Part of me believes that he does this because LSU is the only school that he can sort-of compare to Alabama when making conversation. I would like to think that all the LSU talk will stop forever when we take the field this fall. :idea:

Billie Bob said:
I for one am tired of his talk about LSU. Part of me believes that he does this because LSU is the only school that he can sort-of compare to Alabama when making conversation. I would like to think that all the LSU talk will stop forever when we take the field this fall. :idea:

I think you are correct, Billie Bob, in that his time at LSU is all that is a 1 to 1 comparison with his current position. Once he gets some history here at Bama, I would think that would decrease. However, if he can use his success at LSU to help build the program at Bama, then I'm all for it.

eshad said:
Billie Bob said:

I think you are correct, Billie Bob, in that his time at LSU is all that is a 1 to 1 comparison with his current position. Once he gets some history here at Bama, I would think that would decrease. However, if he can use his success at LSU to help build the program at Bama, then I'm all for it.

Well put. It definitely has to be a strong recruiting tool.

Yeah his talk about LSU does leave paranoia in my mind about him being here...but then again Coach Saban said it best. You don't have to hate someone to compete against them and want to win. That's a statement we all should remember and pass on. :wink:

rolltyroll said:
Yeah his talk about LSU does leave paranoia in my mind about him being here...but then again Coach Saban said it best. You don't have to hate someone to compete against them and want to win. That's a statement we all should remember and pass on. :wink:

Nah, I still hate the barn and tennessee. :)

Speaking of JaMarcus Russell, anyone seen this?

4m7m2if.jpg

Bet the corndogs love this.

Back
Top Bottom