| FTBL Saban hat to surpass the Houndstooth?

I like Coach Saban...But unless this guy hangs around for more than 20 yrs (which is highly unlikely), gets us 6 National Titles, he won't come close. I am not taken nothing away from Coach Saban, just given Coach Bryant his due.

If he can get the team together to beat TN and Barn in the same year I will wear crap on my head if that is what is popular. lol. I think it is too early in the game to buy up Saban shirts, hats, tags, and ect.. I am still in the let's see what happens mode with my fingers crossed.
:)

oh yeah, well if the popularity of Saban's hat surpasses Bear's houndstooth, then that will signify that Saban is the better coach.

so sad. for once i wish Bama fans would collectively realize that our program is bigger than any single coach.

musso said:
oh yeah, well if the popularity of Saban's hat surpasses Bear's houndstooth, then that will signify that Saban is the better coach.

so sad. for once i wish Bama fans would collectively realize that our program is bigger than any single coach.

I think you're taking this too seriously musso. I'm only going to get the straw because it's cooler in 100 degree weather.

If anything else the past decade has taught us Alabama is much larger than any one coach/booster/player.

musso said:

1. No, it will signify that Bama fans have finally moved on. Coach Bryant is gone, he was a legend and great coach. But it's time to let go!

2. Ironic, bama is bigger than one coach, yet...bear woulda, bear did, bear said... :roll:

Flame away. Its the most unpopular opinion a Bama fan can have is to say we need to move on and start going forward. But the majority of Bama fans cant talk about Alabama without throwing his name in there or using him as a comparison. It's been 25 years! And all the looking back hasn't helped us, and it's the reason bama fans are laughed at.

RollTideinGA said:
musso said:

1. No, it will signify that Bama fans have finally moved on. Coach Bryant is gone, he was a legend and great coach. But it's time to let go!

2. Ironic, bama is bigger than one coach, yet...bear woulda, bear did, bear said... :roll:

Flame away. Its the most unpopular opinion a Bama fan can have is to say we need to move on and start going forward. But the majority of Bama fans cant talk about Alabama without throwing his name in there or using him as a comparison. It's been 25 years! And all the looking back hasn't helped us, and it's the reason bama fans are laughed at.

I hear what your saying, and agree somewhat, but, I tend to like saying Paul "Bear" Bryant was our coach, and really dont care if they laugh at me. I named one of my sons after Coach Bryant. Proud to have a son with his name.

Its our history, and any school in the nation would give away their history to have Paul "Bear" Bryant as a part of theirs.

I think its possible to enjoy the past, present, and future. I hope Coach Saban's chapter in the long great tradition can equal or surpass Coach Bryants.

Roll Tide!

Bama1966 said:
I hear what your saying, and agree somewhat, but, I tend to like saying Paul "Bear" Bryant was our coach, and really dont care if they laugh at me. I named one of my sons after Coach Bryant. Proud to have a son with his name.

I'm naming my kid after Joe Kines.

I named my GoldFish Atlanta Tider! :D

goldfish.jpg

Back
Top Bottom