| FTBL Rewatching game

94 Grad

As painful as it was/is I rewatched the game.

Few notes.

1. George just stood around not blocking anyone one on numerous plays. I mean a shockingly poor effort, not just getting beat but looked like he had no clue what he was doing. No idea what that is about.

2. Auburn only moved the ball on a few “magical” catches and penalties we granted them.

3. Bryce had a pathetic night with his accuracy. Guess he was “trying” too hard. He also made a lot of poor choices on read options.

2. And 3. were kinda known. #1 is a bit shocking. Going back and just watching him every play and I have no idea what he was doing out there. I’m not sure he should be on a starting line for a division two school.

That is all… now I need to scrub that offensive putrid line performance from my mind…

Last edited:
As painful as it was/is I rewatched the game.

Few notes.

1. George just stood around not blocking anyone one on numerous plays. I mean a shockingly poor effort, not just getting beat but looked like he had no clue what he was doing. No idea what that is about.

2. Auburn only moved the ball on a few “magical” catches and penalties we granted them.

3. Bryce had a pathetic night with his accuracy. Guess he was “trying” too hard. He also made a lot of poor choices on read options.

2. And 3. were kinda known. #1 is a bit shocking. Going back and just watching him every play and I have know idea what he was doing out there. I’m not sure he should be on a starting line for a division two school.

That is all… now I need to scrub that offensive putrid line performance from my mind…
I rewatched as much as I could stand looking mainly at the DB’s. One thing that’s obvious is Kool-Aid is either not physical enough or not experienced enough to fight off blocks to make most tackles. He also isn’t strong enough or willing enough to even try to tackle tight ends or fullbacks. He’s a great cover guy but I understand why he’s not received a lot of great praise from Saban yet. He requires his corners to be physical against the run.

I rewatched as much as I could stand looking mainly at the DB’s. One thing that’s obvious is Kool-Aid is either not physical enough or not experienced enough to fight off blocks to make most tackles. He also isn’t strong enough or willing enough to even try to tackle tight ends or fullbacks. He’s a great cover guy but I understand why he’s not received a lot of great praise from Saban yet. He requires his corners to be physical against the run.

He's like 6'1. He's plenty big enough. I think this just goes to him being young and inexperienced. It ain't high school no more, these boys are big, strong, and tough. When they get into your pads, you're in trouble. We lose if he doesn't put on a Academy Award performance on that one block.

He's like 6'1. He's plenty big enough. I think this just goes to him being young and inexperienced. It ain't high school no more, these boys are big, strong, and tough. When they get into your pads, you're in trouble. We lose if he doesn't put on a Academy Award performance on that one block.
Agreed … that and Battle pulling Tank out of bounds were key!

George's effort was pathetic I wonder why he was left in so long.
I don’t know. There were a couple plays were he stands there almost dazed looking… watching the guy in front of him run past him and make a tackle. No effort to block the guy or move his feet. I’m baffled by some to the plays.

It was like he heard a whistle and stopped playing thinking the play was dead.

I don’t know. There were a couple plays were he stands there almost dazed looking… watching the guy in front of him run past him and make a tackle. No effort to block the guy or move his feet. I’m baffled by some to the plays.

It was like he heard a whistle and stopped playing thinking the play was dead.

Not saying this is an excuse, but I could have promised I heard a handful of whistles from my TV, but play never stopped.

With the OL recruiting we've had for years, I just can't understand why our OL hasn't improved. It's almost like they've regressed. And we are still experimenting with personnel at this point in the season???

I attribute a lot of George's problems (and others for that matter) on inexperience, lack of game speed conditioning and poor player development. It takes time, but a lot of this falls on the coaches. Once again, when we have a chance to play these guys in blowout games we merely hand the ball off to run out the clock. BIG difference in meaningful playing time and garbage time. Our backups get garage time. Every time.

Our backups get garage time. Every time.
Just like the horse we have beat to death with the coaching of "holders and kicker".. I attribute this to Saban and a lot of his NFL mentality. There are a lot of time where I wish he would let the younger guys play in preparation for the future, but he only does so against the like of New Mexico St, and East Douchebag St.

I attribute a lot of George's problems (and others for that matter) on inexperience, lack of game speed conditioning and poor player development. It takes time, but a lot of this falls on the coaches. Once again, when we have a chance to play these guys in blowout games we merely hand the ball off to run out the clock. BIG difference in meaningful playing time and garbage time. Our backups get garage time. Every time.

His body type just looks like a guard to me... I know nothing about OL play, but he's not exactly the most athletic cat out there on the edge.

Interesting about George because when the move Owens to center when Dalcourt got hurt, George had a couple of decent games. For a couple of games it appeared actually better than Owens. This was just a very bizarre game offensively. I know the OL has had some issues but this game had those on steroids and not just the RT. Even Neal had issues. When that many people have issues including a guy that is likely a first rounder you have to believe their were communication issues resulting in the blocking calls being wrong.

I could be wrong, but I felt they played us defensively like Florida and LSU, just blitzing all the time. It confused us and as mentioned here, had guys not blocking anything because they didn't know who to get. Owens and George aren't "that" bad where they aren't capable. Saban and his staff aren't recruiting guys that aren't capable. I hate it because I feel as if it gave Georgia a blueprint a week before the game.

Good news is, Georgia's offense isn't a juggernaut, so even if we struggle we should have a puncher's chance. Atleast in my mind we should. Bowers, I've said it for a while now, will be the X-Factor though. It'll hinge on him.

I could be wrong, but I felt they played us defensively like Florida and LSU, just blitzing all the time. It confused us and as mentioned here, had guys not blocking anything because they didn't know who to get. Owens and George aren't "that" bad where they aren't capable. Saban and his staff aren't recruiting guys that aren't capable. I hate it because I feel as if it gave Georgia a blueprint a week before the game.

Good news is, Georgia's offense isn't a juggernaut, so even if we struggle we should have a puncher's chance. Atleast in my mind we should. Bowers, I've said it for a while now, will be the X-Factor though. It'll hinge on him.
Right...their O isnt great....

Get ahead...put pressure on their QB.....

Make some plays....

Cant wait...RollTide

Back
Top Bottom