| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC Reacher ~ Season Two is out.

TerryP

Staff
I'd be shocked to see many say they haven't seen one of the movies with Cruise. Amazon has done a much better job here ironically reminding me of the movie versions of Grisham's books, specifically The Firm. With Reacher (series) at least the main character looks like the one described by Child's in his series. They really screwed it up with Tom playing the role of Jack.

Both authors and their books are what I call airport books...I fly through them.

Season 1 was released Friday, the fourth. Eight episodes, less than an hour a piece on average. Come to think about it, took less time to read the book than it did watch the series.

All in all, not a bad binge for the off-season.

OK, I’ll go ahead and say it. I have not seen the Tom Cruise Jack Reacher movies yet.

Then again I have seen the Amazon series Reacher. That was quite brutal at times.

Last edited:
OK, I’ll go ahead and say it. I have not seen the Tom Cruise Jack Reacher movies yet.

Then again I have seen the Amazon series Reacher. That was quite brutal at times.
The Cruise versions are that bad for a movie unless you've read the books and then it just doesn't work.

In the books the character is a 6'5", 250 kind of guy. You build the mental image reading the books and then see Tom Cruise in the role? Yeah, not a good job casting there but for all I know Cruise cast himself in the role.

I saw the movie when it came out and liked it. I never read the books, but a workmate of mine at the time did. She said she couldn't watch the movie for the same reason you stated. She had a mental image from reading the book and couldn't stand to watch the movie.

She has watched the series and really liked it. I liked both the movie and the series. I think Cruise is an absolute nut job, but he is a hell of an actor.

On a side note, I read that the Jack Ryan season 3 should come out late spring/early summer. Looking forward to that.

The Cruise versions are that bad for a movie unless you've read the books and then it just doesn't work.

In the books the character is a 6'5", 250 kind of guy. You build the mental image reading the books and then see Tom Cruise in the role? Yeah, not a good job casting there but for all I know Cruise cast himself in the role.

The interesting thing is that Ritchson is only 6-2, having tiny actors around him make him that much bigger, just like it makes Tom Cruise looks almost normal size.

I knew Finlay (Chief of D's) was short. I swear I've read where Ritchson is 6'5".
@It Takes Eleven

Malcolm Goodwin is 5ft 7 ¾' inches tall. It is no surprise Alan Ritchson towers over the actor as he is 6ft5 inches.

I guess the author of this article is getting the character and Ritchson mixed up? I see Wiki shows 6'2".

"Keep my wife's name out cho mouf." You get the dialect, pardon the spelling.

Just dawned on me last night with a friend watching the series.

Reacher to Finley in what I call "reading someone's mail." Broke him down to quitting smoking, his martial troubles, and the like. Do you guys remember the scene? That's what Finley said to Reacher when he lashed back.

Looks like Will Smith is a plagiarizer as well.

I know alphabetically that'll go after cuckhold...too many other descriptors to rank it this morning.

"Keep my wife's name out cho mouf." You get the dialect, pardon the spelling.

Just dawned on me last night with a friend watching the series.

Reacher to Finley in what I call "reading someone's mail." Broke him down to quitting smoking, his martial troubles, and the like. Do you guys remember the scene? That's what Finley said to Reacher when he lashed back.

Looks like Will Smith is a plagiarizer as well.

I know alphabetically that'll go after cuckhold...too many other descriptors to rank it this morning.

That phrase - keeping a name out of your mouth - predates Reacher as well.

Back
Top Bottom