| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the lack of foresight and preparation. Awbarn ran that QB draw several times after their initial success with it on a broken play and yet, several times on 3rd and long we could not stop the obvious. And lets not talk about our man to man coverage. It is like PG doesn't process the game fast enough to make adjustments. Very frustrating to say the least. I must say I was satisfied with BoB's play calling for the most part. I actually found myself think where has this level of creativity been all year. Creativity in the run game still needs significant work, but the passing plays were satisfactory.

In his presser, Saban alluded to the fact that they did a self analysis of plays/formations. Said he thought it enabled us to run the ball better.

It's time to move on from Pete Golding. The glaring problems with his defense the last 3-4 years have been a consistent hindrance on this team. It's been the same problems as well. Tackling, overrunning plays, ILB's not being physical and playing with good technique, busted coverages, the d-line not resetting the line of scrimmage or being able to create an organic pass rush, just all around bad team defense. At times they play really well, only to then revert back to bad habits. Golding's playcalling and ability to adjust has also been abysmal as well, I've already gone into detail about this before, and if I do it again I might end up having a stroke. Feel free to write your opinions about him, good or bad. Also, who would you want to take over if he does get replaced. Mine is Glenn Schumann.
You might not get your wish.

You might not get your wish.
Maybe not, but Coach saban seemed very unpleased yesterday at halftime about their performance defensively. It's not like we wouldn't have any really good options for a replacement. I really want Glenn Schumann back, but if that doesn't happen, fine. We could try to get Jim Leonhard, he's more than likely not going to stay at Wisconsin after being snubbed for the job, Will muschamp would be a candidate, Zach Arnett, there's a pretty good list to choose from. I just hope Saban makes the decision.

Wisconsin defense hasn’t exactly been world beaters
They've been really really good under Leonhard defensively during his time there. Top 5 in almost everything statistically his entire time there except for maybe 1 or 2 years. They play fast, physical, downhill, everyone does there job and plays team defense. If he had the talent like Alabama does now while he was there, they may have made a run into the playoffs, hell they almost did back in 2017. Lost in the championship game. I still want Schumann, but wouldn't complain at all about Leonhard if we were able to get him. Still, Glenn Schumann first.

They've been really really good under Leonhard defensively during his time there. Top 5 in almost everything statistically his entire time there except for maybe 1 or 2 years. They play fast, physical, downhill, everyone does there job and plays team defense. If he had the talent like Alabama does now while he was there, they may have made a run into the playoffs, hell they almost did back in 2017. Lost in the championship game. I still want Schumann, but wouldn't complain at all about Leonhard if we were able to get him. Still, Glenn Schumann first.

He would be excellent at Alabama. The players love him. Braylon Addison said he would keave Wisconsin if Leonard left if that says anything. His recruiting is very very good and he's a player's coach. Can't believe they overlooked him at Wisconsin. They will feel it if and when he leaves. The door is now open.

They've been inconsistent.

DEI has them at #37 this season.
In '21, 9th.
In '20, 26th.
In '19, 5th.
In '18, 34th.
In '17, 7th.

They've been inconsistent.

DEI has them at #37 this season.
In '21, 9th.
In '20, 26th.
In '19, 5th.
In '18, 34th.
In '17, 7th.
Not only that, He favors 3-4 scheme, and depends on LB to make plays. But at same time he struggles to beat teams similar to Ohio State.

I can't remember exactly what they have this year... I"ll check in a moment, but since Jim Leonhard has taken over as defensive coordinator at Wisconsin in 2017, the defense has given up an average of 17 points per game.

This year: 20.5 per game.

Alabama: 18.0 per game.

Since 2018, We've averaged around 18 points per game.

So, Swapping Golding for Leonhard won't upgrade our defense. We'll get same production pretty much, so it doesn't make sense to hire Leonhard at all. So unless we get Schumann, I don't see Golding going anywhere. I do think Saban/Golding will hire better analysts this time to fix the issues.

the OC is wild card. With Kiffin Staying in Ole miss.. I wonder if we go after Weis Jr.... If he leave.. it will be two years in a row that he've lost his coordinators due to money.

Maybe not, but Coach saban seemed very unpleased yesterday at halftime about their performance defensively. It's not like we wouldn't have any really good options for a replacement. I really want Glenn Schumann back, but if that doesn't happen, fine. We could try to get Jim Leonhard, he's more than likely not going to stay at Wisconsin after being snubbed for the job, Will muschamp would be a candidate, Zach Arnett, there's a pretty good list to choose from. I just hope Saban makes the decision.
Will Muschamp is likely Auburn DC if they get freeze.
Glenn Schumann- 50/50.. he's real close with Kirby but he has family in T-town... Who knows.
Jim Leonhard- No thank you. It's not a upgrade. It's more of a swap with same results.

On Saban's comment on defense.. I don't think anyone realized that Auburn pulled out single wing offense. That's ancient offense. So You can't put that on Golding.

Look at what Saban said on that:

“I’ll tell you what, Auburn did a great job with the run game. They created some edges. Some of the plays they ran – when I was 10 years old, we ran the single-wing. You guys don’t even know what the single-wing is. But that was my first football (offense). I was the quarterback in the single-wing. But the quarterback doesn’t do anything in the single-wing except block. Some of the plays that they were running with the quarterback, I hadn’t seen them since Pop Warner (laughs). And they’re good plays, and they’re hard to defend. Their quarterback played an outstanding game from a run standpoint, and they executed.

“It’s like playing against Wildcat when the running back’s in the backfield and somebody’s gotta go cover the quarterback, except he’s a good enough quarterback to run. And then they created some Wildcat situations, as well. So they really attacked us on the edges and did a good job of cracking and blocking us on the edges. We practiced against some of that stuff. We didn’t execute it as well as we’d like at times, but they also created some advantages for themselves.”

Will Muschamp is likely Auburn DC if they get freeze.
Glenn Schumann- 50/50.. he's real close with Kirby but he has family in T-town... Who knows.
Jim Leonhard- No thank you. It's not a upgrade. It's more of a swap with same results.

On Saban's comment on defense.. I don't think anyone realized that Auburn pulled out single wing offense. That's ancient offense. So You can't put that on Golding.

Look at what Saban said on that:
Golding aint going anywhere i suspect....
BOB might not either....

Certainly gonna need an experienced OC QBcoach to build new offense...and get a QB ready....

I hear Nick...he is happy with where things are...and comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom