| FTBL UA Coordinator/coaching changes— SPLIT into offensive and defensive threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think changing the defensive staff completely.
There's a few I'd like to keep. Coach T-Rob and Charles Kelly(he may be gone soon). I like Coach Roach, he's been a good recruiter so far, he's gotten guys like Byron Young and Jaheim Oatis playing like all-americans at times. I think he's staying regardless unless he takes a different job elsewhere. But I hope we move on from Golding this season. There's plenty of good replacements out there right now.

Scale back expectations....when nick said DC has done "really really" good job...2 reallys... i have hopes but little in expectations....

Maybe:
Scenario 1: Nick wants to keep Pete. He says he has done a really really good job this year so Pete doesn't lose confidence after reading forum boards and comes back on a mission.
Scenario 2: Nick wants to lose Pete. Knowing the nation poaches his coaches, he talks them up so Pete gets another job offer(s) and he doesn't have to fire him.

I'm not sure what will happen, but can anyone think of a time that CNS threw any coordinator under the bus? Last time he fired a coordinator? Its been mentioned here before, he doesn't fire coaches, but lets them know they need to find somewhere else to coach. I'm not sure if he will be back or not, but nothing should be read into his comments either way. CNS has the best poker face in college football and he will never tip his hand.

Every staff position on the defensive side of the ball is in flux to some degree or another right now.
Seeing rumors about Nebraska trying to get Glenn Schumann. I don't think he'll leave Georgia for Nebraska, but it's showing he's becoming an even more hot commodity as time goes on. If we're going to get rid of Golding, need to pull the trigger soon. Give Schumann $2.5 mill and get him here.

Lane Kiffin??? Maybe not official firing but it was apparent he was told to move on sooner than he had planned.

Yeah, Kiffin and Tosh were both unofficial firings. Kiffin was out the door anyway obviously, but the Tosh experiment didn't work out and he wasn't taking a demotion so Saban helped set him up with the Browns. But Saban isn't ever going to publicly fire someone unless it's something really, really bad.

Will Muschamp is likely Auburn DC if they get freeze.
Glenn Schumann- 50/50.. he's real close with Kirby but he has family in T-town... Who knows.
Jim Leonhard- No thank you. It's not a upgrade. It's more of a swap with same results.

On Saban's comment on defense.. I don't think anyone realized that Auburn pulled out single wing offense. That's ancient offense. So You can't put that on Golding.

Look at what Saban said on that:

I thought you didn’t want Leonhard because it would be an even swap for Golding? Is he a good fit now!

I really don't want him, but at same time..... anyone we can get is an upgrade over Golding. It seems Leonhard scheme better than Golding on 3rd downs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom