| FTBL Rammer Jammer All The Time - Forever

G

If 'Bama beats Bessemer Tech. by 1 point, Rammer Jammer should be performed as rowdily and energetically as ever. If they beat Jefferson State by 2, let the fans and the band rock the roof off of the stadium with Rammer Jammer.

I get disgusted with all these sensitive folks who deem themselves intelligentsia who balk every time Rammer Jammer is performed.

If you don't like it, leave. It is a football game. A rough, manly, macho, brutal, nasty sport that doesn't want you or your type to feminize and modernize it out of existence with political correctness.

If it embarrasses you when you are at your tea luncheon the next day and someone mentions the barbarity of Rammer Jammer, tough.

If you can't properly explain the reasons the lower class trash feel a need to shame you and your fellow culturally elite highbrows, don't put yourself through it. Just don't go to the games with them, they are never going to change, they are not educated as well as you.

Don't sully your highbrows with their type, just stay away from the stadium.

I think that would be the best course of action so as to not damage your delicate egos and highly refined sensibilities. Because, when you get right down to it, you are never, never, never going to stop us flip flop wearing, wife beating, Natty Light drinking, piano key toothed, inbred's from chanting Rammer Jammer whenever we please.

Stop stressing yourselves out over it or you are going to snap on a servant again and have to go back on your medication.

So, you are mad about these people voicing their displeasure with it.

So, you, therefore, post a thread about it voicing your displeasure toward them for voicing their displeasure for playing it.

Nice. :lol:

Outlaw said:

So, you, therefore, post a thread about it voicing your displeasure toward them for voicing their displeasure for playing it.

I have always found humor in the irony of someone complaining about people complaining about someone or something.

I just made myself dizzy.

DaleC76 said:
If you play it after every win, it's just not as special. It'd be like every game being homecoming - what's the point?

the point is that Bama is winning again and looking good IMO I love to here it after every win Bama fans have something to cheer about now, Thats the point

When we pound someone in the turf, I enjoy nothing better than hearing 90,000 scream Ramma Jamma at the top of their lungs. But to hear it after sqeaking by someone that you are favored by 20 to obliterate, to me doesn't justify the cheer. I was a walk-on here in 89 and 90, I get pumped hearing it but when you win a nail-biter, I don't think it is justified.

CtrlAltieDel said:
If 'Bama beats Bessemer Tech. by 1 point, Rammer Jammer should be performed as rowdily and energetically as ever. If they beat Jefferson State by 2, let the fans and the band rock the roof off of the stadium with Rammer Jammer.

I get disgusted with all these sensitive folks who deem themselves intelligentsia who balk every time Rammer Jammer is performed.

If you don't like it, leave. It is a football game. A rough, manly, macho, brutal, nasty sport that doesn't want you or your type to feminize and modernize it out of existence with political correctness.

If it embarrasses you when you are at your tea luncheon the next day and someone mentions the barbarity of Rammer Jammer, tough.

If you can't properly explain the reasons the lower class trash feel a need to shame you and your fellow culturally elite highbrows, don't put yourself through it. Just don't go to the games with them, they are never going to change, they are not educated as well as you.

Don't sully your highbrows with their type, just stay away from the stadium.

I think that would be the best course of action so as to not damage your delicate egos and highly refined sensibilities. Because, when you get right down to it, you are never, never, never going to stop us flip flop wearing, wife beating, Natty Light drinking, piano key toothed, inbred's from chanting Rammer Jammer whenever we please.

Stop stressing yourselves out over it or you are going to snap on a servant again and have to go back on your medication.

I love you. This almost brought a tear to my eye.

uagrad93 said:
When we pound someone in the turf, I enjoy nothing better than hearing 90,000 scream Ramma Jamma at the top of their lungs. But to hear it after sqeaking by someone that you are favored by 20 to obliterate, to me doesn't justify the cheer. I was a walk-on here in 89 and 90, I get pumped hearing it but when you win a nail-biter, I don't think it is justified.

This is my stance on it. I enjoy hearing it, when its justified. But telling someone you just beat the hell out of them after a very close game just doesnt feel right to me. Its like the cheers from pee wee sports and doing the "2,4,6,8 who do we appreciate" cheers after kicking the snot out of some team.

Outlaw said:

Outlaw, you are the bane of my posting here on this board. No matter what I say, what I type, or how I contribute, you are sarcastic, rude, bitter, and smug in your responses to me.

I don't really know what your problem is, but perhaps you could IM me and explain your disdain for me.

I certainly have absolutely no problem with someone disagreeing with me, but every time you respond to one of my posts it is in a derision laden manner.

So, out with it. It isn't just this post or your response to this post that has me concerned about you, you have always reacted this way to me.

What is your problem and how can I help you solve it?

uagrad93 said:

Why does a determinant have to be a point spread? Why not think of it as a tradition that is done for a win, regardless.

Sure, the statement in the chant, "we just beat the hell out of you", would seem to indicate that 'Bama has to win by 40 points, but come on.

Imagine it is something akin to European football fans who chant incessantly during games out of pride and spirit and not even necessarily relating to the points or lack of points.

It is fun, it is harmless, it is mildly irritating to rivals and it is fantastic for the game of college football.

I think many of our prim and proper fans are worried excessively about what others think of 'Bama. Those types never have any joy in their lives because they are not real.

They don't live for themselves, but worry about everyone else. Some are also extremely worried about what they consider to be the more evolved and cultured fans of other fanbases think of 'Bama fans.

Apperances matter more than substance to these types and they think a harmless, fun, entertaining little football chant reflects poorly on them.

They spend an inordinate amount of their football related time thinking about Rammer Jammer and how terrible it makes all 'Bama fans "appear". The sweet irony is that most rivals could not care one way or the other and have forgotten about the chant before they make it to the Walk of Champions.

uagrad93 said:

^^^ I fall into this category.

CtrlAltieDel said:
Outlaw said:

Outlaw, you are the bane of my posting here on this board. No matter what I say, what I type, or how I contribute, you are sarcastic, rude, bitter, and smug in your responses to me.

I don't really know what your problem is, but perhaps you could IM me and explain your disdain for me.

I certainly have absolutely no problem with someone disagreeing with me, but every time you respond to one of my posts it is in a derision laden manner.

So, out with it. It isn't just this post or your response to this post that has me concerned about you, you have always reacted this way to me.

What is your problem and how can I help you solve it?

PM sent Altie.

Maybe we could have two versions of "Rammer Jammer:"

a "We just beat the Hell out of you" version for when we actually do that,

and

a "We just barely beat the Hell out of you" version for those unimpressive victories .

:roll:

Seriously, "Rammer Jammer" should be reserved for impressive wins. I'm not necessarily talking about margin of victory, either. If we go into a game as an underdog and then proceed to shutdown the opponent, particularly a highly-ranked team, then "Rammer Jammer" deserves to be played, regardless of the score.

Auburn may be the only exception to the "impressive win" criteria. :D

bear facts said:
Maybe we could have two versions of "Rammer Jammer:"

a "We just beat the Hell out of you" version for when we actually do that,

and

a "We just barely beat the Hell out of you" version for those unimpressive victories .

:roll:

Seriously, "Rammer Jammer" should be reserved for impressive wins. I'm not necessarily talking about margin of victory, either. If we go into a game as an underdog and then proceed to shutdown the opponent, particularly a highly-ranked team, then "Rammer Jammer" deserves to be played, regardless of the score.

Auburn may be the only exception to the "impressive win" criteria. :D

Frankly, I have been waiting on Rammer Jammer to be played on the mandolin. Maybe we could use that version for close wins? :D

CtrlAltieDel said:

For the most part I agree w/ you on many things but not wife beating. I hope this is just a figure of speech or at least maching someone.

Feel free to vent & have at it but it seems you might be the one stressin over it. Just saying... :?

Back
Top Bottom