| FTBL Profound Realization

BamaFisher

I’ve come the realization that I just ruined my 11 year old son tonight with us watching that ending just us together. He’s always been a Bama guy (his mother and I saw to that) but the fire in his eyes with that win and his jubilation was something else. He’s a lifelong fan now with all the trials and tribulations that comes with it. He’ll remember this forever. I still remember The Kick and he’ll never forget this one - it needs a name!

I’ve come the realization that I just ruined my 11 year old son tonight with us watching that ending just us together. He’s always been a Bama guy (his mother and I saw to that) but the fire in his eyes with that win and his jubilation was something else. He’s a lifelong fan now with all the trials and tribulations that comes with it. He’ll remember this forever. I still remember The Kick and he’ll never forget this one - it needs a name!
I would not categorize this as ruining your son :). You should be proud you have set him up for the life long enjoyment of being a Bama fan.

I hope he never meet or here's of a Mike. Or a Bob.

I think many of us have “ruined” our sons, I have a 27 year old that can blame me for all of the trials and tribulations of being a Bama fan. We went to the SEC championship game vs Florida in year two under Saban and he remembers crying during the fourth quarter because I would not let us leave the game even though it was clearly over. I told him true fans stay til the end no matter what. Things like that stick but they make the fan. 😁

Coach Saban has ruined us all.

Well I have done it with our daughter! Tell you a story about her(4 y.o.) and her mother arguing about walking on water!
Then with her two daughter (Her son I much have drop him on his head or it was the little girl from first grade?) But all know not to bother me went Bama is on! By the way I'm now doing this with our great grand kids! The oldest she is five and she know the same when Bama is on!! I wish I live closer to Title Town so we could get photos with Big Al. ROLL TIDE !! My brothers!! And those two Grand daughter have marry into one bull puppy family! the other game chicken family!!

Did it with my son, he's 8. His first game was the SEC Championship versus Missouri. Ever since then he wants to go to every game. It's fun explaining to a kid that age we don't have unlimited money.

Broke my heart last year when we went to Atlanta to find some SEC Championship tickets and couldn't find one person selling. Limited seating, so very difficult. It was freezing and we probably walked a total of four miles that afternoon trying to scalp. He broke down in tears not understanding and I could see the parents at the Players gate upset for him. It worked out though and I made it a point to get him to the Rose Bowl in Texas. We drove over the day before, went to the game, and then went home the next day. Drove 12 hours to Dallas. It was quick. But his face and excitement made it worth it. He wants to go to every game. Makes me a happy dad.

Did it with my son, he's 8. His first game was the SEC Championship versus Missouri. Ever since then he wants to go to every game. It's fun explaining to a kid that age we don't have unlimited money.

Broke my heart last year when we went to Atlanta to find some SEC Championship tickets and couldn't find one person selling. Limited seating, so very difficult. It was freezing and we probably walked a total of four miles that afternoon trying to scalp. He broke down in tears not understanding and I could see the parents at the Players gate upset for him. It worked out though and I made it a point to get him to the Rose Bowl in Texas. We drove over the day before, went to the game, and then went home the next day. Drove 12 hours to Dallas. It was quick. But his face and excitement made it worth it. He wants to go to every game. Makes me a happy dad.
Good job dad!!!
Limited funds is where I’m at now.

Back
Top Bottom