| FTBL šŸˆ PRE-GAME THREAD: Mercer brings a variation of the Wing-T and the Wishbone offense.

This type of game concerns me the most. I am not fearful of losing. However, it seems like every time we play one of these type games, we get a first teamer or two hurt and out for the remainder of the season. I know Nick will try to minimize playing time for our starters, but the paying public is putting out good money to see these starters. I hope our luck is good on the injury front for this game. I honestly believe the only thing preventing a Natty this year is bad luck with injuries.

I'd like to see those numbers. Is it fear, suspicion, or has it happened?
The only major injury to a key starter I remember in a puff game was Brodie Croyleā€™s ACL tear in the 3rd Q of the Western Carolina game in 2004. Bama was up big and many questioned why he was still in the game? One who didnā€™t question it was Brodie ā€¦ such a class act and such a tremendous representative of the University.

I'd like to see those numbers. Is it fear, suspicion, or has it happened?
I seem to remember when we played Ga Southern in 2011 that we had several guys nicked up. But I looked at the game report and we didn't have any major injuries. But I seem to remember seeing guys going down several times with minor injuries. Did we play any other wishbone or option team since then?

The only major injury to a key starter I remember in a puff game was Brodie Croyleā€™s ACL tear in the 3rd Q of the Western Carolina game in 2004. Bama was up big and many questioned why he was still in the game? One who didnā€™t question it was Brodie ā€¦ such a class act and such a tremendous representative of the University.

I was at that game. JMO, I think he was still in because the offense wasn't really clicking. Two of TDs Bama were NOTs. DJ Hall dropped two TD catches (at least one that I can remember went right through his hands...) that killed drives and Bama had to settle for FGs.

Back
Top Bottom