| FTBL POST COUNTS.......

gary funderburk

Verified Member
I am having a hard time realizing what in the world it matters if someone's post count is wrong. Could someone enlighten me on this? This is a free forum in which the mods and admin do a great job. We have experienced this here before but it is not someone hitting a magic button because they do not like you. If your posts are of substance, you will be remembered by that rather than a post count. Just seems real petty if you really want to know. The admn and mods got more important thing to do than worry about a number of posts. Clearly shows a me me me attitude. Grow up. Also, I know this is not the appropriate place to post this and it will get moved, just wanted to address this here so maybe people will jump on board and be productive.

Well...I think anyone who is seriously upset about it should not be. On the other hand I can see some point to wanting post counts to be accurate..especially if you do have a higher post count.

There is a reason there is a post counter. I agree that a poster should be remembered more for the quality of the posts rather than the quantity, but looking at someones post count is a quick indicator for how long a person has been on the forums and their general level of contribution. It is more or less an unoffical ranking system. After all, posts counts matter some to all of us and on all forums you are able to see the post counts. Think of it as a quick guide to a members regularity.

I agree that the mods and admins do a great job and should not be given a hard time. This is the best forum I visit and the only real Alabama forum I will ever need.

Roll Tide!

Some people like to be noticed because of their post count. It lets people know how much you value a website and how long you've been there. In saying that, this should be a dead issue. Let the people that care do just that...care. :lol:

Outlaw said:
Don't let Tider 27 fool you. He told me that he cries every night because his post count is wrong.

That's such a lie...because right before you posted this I stoped crying. Obviously someone changed mine back. :lol:

AlaphaMale said:
If I were Tider and my post count dropped I would cry too.

12.18% of total / 16.73 posts per day is an investment of time not to be considered lightly.

Hey now, it use to be up at 30+ per day.

Now to be honest with you...I get on every other day. Which means if I find 20 posts to post in...the PPD is very deceiving. :lol:

AlaphaMale said:
If I were Tider and my post count dropped I would cry too.

12.18% of total / 16.73 posts per day is an investment of time not to be considered lightly.

Lol, ouch...you do make a good point though sir.

1.27% of total / 0.78 posts per day

That's more like it. 8)

The thing is, post counts are a hot topic to a lot of people on message boards. We understand that so we try and accomodate people by readjusting their counts when they contact us. People are missing posts mainly due to the server issues we've had recently. During one of the incidents a bunch of topics got purged, taking people's post counts with them. It wasn't intentional and yeah, it stinks, but there's nothing we can do about the purged topics now.

Anyone that has an issue with their post count just needs to PM one of the admin so that it can be adjusted.

porkchop said:
The thing is, post counts are a hot topic to a lot of people on message boards. We understand that so we try and accomodate people by readjusting their counts when they contact us. People are missing posts mainly due to the server issues we've had recently. During one of the incidents a bunch of topics got purged, taking people's post counts with them. It wasn't intentional and yeah, it stinks, but there's nothing we can do about the purged topics now.

Anyone that has an issue with their post count just needs to PM one of the admin so that it can be adjusted.

I think I lost 30,000 posts when those topics got purged.

Fix it. Now. :wink:

post count hasn't meant much to me for a few years.

I used to post alot over at www.gamingforce.org/forums. I think I had close to 2000 posts. And then one day the server the board was on crashed and there wasn't a good backup so everything was gone. I gave up after that. It helps sometimes to prove you aren't a noob (if that matters) but nothing more than that.

I'd almost hit a 100 here and then they were gone. Just means I have to become more involved.

Good evening,

I should now apologize to the list.

The post count drop wasn't due to nebulous "server issues". The admins were just providing me cover, and I'm tired of them taking the heat.

Over the last few days, I surreptitiously installed a predictive post engine that calculates the qualitative value of each post, working under the trade name "QUalitative Electronically Engineered Fulfillment". If a post provided little logic or used more than one emoticon, the post count was only moved a fractional amount. If a post was exceptionally well-written and mentioned the educational level of the poster, or how a poster's teacher or professor vetted the content of the post, then the post was assigned a leverage score of 1.1 to 7.0. General suck-up posts to the admins were assigned a value of 12, hence Tider 27's rapid rise in post count.

I've removed the engine from the website, returning its status to the constitutionally-mandated, "one man, one post."

Had I known the volume of hot air resulting from my QUalitative Electronically Engineered Fulfillment, I would have never introduced it to the list.

I so, so, apologize. Can you find it in your feart to forgive me?

RTR,

Tim
:D

It Takes Eleven said:
Good evening,

I should now apologize to the list.

The post count drop wasn't due to nebulous "server issues". The admins were just providing me cover, and I'm tired of them taking the heat.

Over the last few days, I surreptitiously installed a predictive post engine that calculates the qualitative value of each post, working under the trade name "QUalitative Electronically Engineered Fulfillment". If a post provided little logic or used more than one emoticon, the post count was only moved a fractional amount. If a post was exceptionally well-written and mentioned the educational level of the poster, or how a poster's teacher or professor vetted the content of the post, then the post was assigned a leverage score of 1.1 to 7.0. General suck-up posts to the admins were assigned a value of 12, hence Tider 27's rapid rise in post count.

I've removed the engine from the website, returning its status to the constitutionally-mandated, "one man, one post."

Had I known the volume of hot air resulting from my QUalitative Electronically Engineered Fulfillment, I would have never introduced it to the list.

I so, so, apologize. Can you find it in your feart to forgive me?

RTR,

Tim

Back
Top Bottom