| FTBL Poistion Breakdown LSU vs Bama

bayoulsucajun

Verified Member
QB - Flynn/Perriloux vs John Parker Wilson - Flynn and JPW are similar in throwing ability. The thing that separates them is Flynn's running ability. He is very good at getting 3rd downs with his feet. Perriloux coming in and banging for some yards is also nice to have at QB. Advantage LSU

RB - Lsu has 5 guys that can have a great game. Holliday, Murphy, Scott, Hester and Williams all have shined this year. My prediction is this will be a Charles Scott game. Alabama has coffee and grant and some nice other runners but they dont compare to lsu's tandem. Advantage LSU

WR/TE - Doucet and Hall are both great. Lets say they cancel each other out. D Byrd has come up huge as of late. See the Auburn game. Tolliver has been as good as advertised. Lafell probably wont leave the bench much after his poor performance. Dickson has been a steady receiver at TE. Alabama's crew besides hall has not been on par with LSU's. Advantage LSU

OL - Alabama has given up 14 sacks this season. Lsu has given up 19 against much better competition. LSU run blocks better than Bama. Push

DL - Dorsey, Jackson, Favorite, Pittman and the rest have been called out in the media. They are ready to show who they are for the second half of the season. The fact that they are well rested does not bode well for JPW. Bama has gilberry and some nice players but cant compare to the best DL in the nation. Advantage LSU

LB's - Highsmith is a mid season All-american. Beckwith is highly rated as well. No Comparison here. Advantage LSU

DB's - Jackson and Zenon are the best CB tandem in the sec. Taylor has picked up where landry left off and Steltz has been great. Castille has been hyped up and is a solid player. The rest of the crew isnt as good. Advantage LSU

Special Teams - Bama has had better returns but teams have kicked away from holliday. See the Auburn game again with the dumb squib kicks. Colt Davis is 14-19 and Bama's kicker is 15-22. Push

Pelini vs. Applewhite - Pelini has more years under his belt. He has been called the best coordinator in all of america. Applewhite went to the same high school that produced Warrick Dunn, David Dellucci and Travis Minor. He learned from good coaches there and at Texas. I still think his youth hurts him in this battle. Advantage LSU

Crowton vs. Saban - Crowton has done a good job of spreading the wealth. LSU has so many weapons on offense and Crowton has called the right number a lot. Saban has had great defenses with aggresive blitzing schemes. Flynn has seen them in practice for 2 years. Sabans d does have holes. The Fade route and the rb slipping in the middle of the field are the 2 main ones. Push

Miles vs. Saban - Saban is more aggressive on D. Miles is more aggressive on O. Saban likes to sit on the lead. Miles likes to attack more. Sabans record when he was here.
8-4 Peach Bowl,
10-3 Sugar Bowl
8-5 Cotton Bowl (loss)
13-1 National Champs
9-3 Capitol One Bowl (loss)

Miles is 11-2 Peach bowl
11-2 Sugar Bowl
7-1

Saban also got blown more than people remember when he was here:
34-17 Auburn 2000, 41-9 to Florida in 2000, 13-10 UAB (not a blowout but an embarrassment)
44-15 Florida 2001,
26-8 to VT in 02, 31-7 Auburn, 31-0 Alabama
2004 45-16 Georgia

Miles losses are by 3 points, 4, 13 , 6 and one 20 point blowout to Georgia.

Advantage Miles

Prediction LSU 31 Bama 17

Guys, what he posted is not even correct. He said other than Castille, the rest of our DBs...

The rest of the crew isnt as good.

Kareem Jackson has been SEC defensive freshman of the week twice the season and last week CBS named Rashad Johnson one of the top ten impact players for the first half of the SEC season. I didn't see any LSU DBs on that list. Oh, but I guess he's right, our DBs are not very good. LSU has us beat there. :roll:

bayoulsucajun said:
QB - Flynn/Perriloux vs John Parker Wilson - Flynn and JPW are similar in throwing ability. The thing that separates them is Flynn's running ability. He is very good at getting 3rd downs with his feet. Perriloux coming in and banging for some yards is also nice to have at QB. Advantage LSU

RB - Lsu has 5 guys that can have a great game. Holliday, Murphy, Scott, Hester and Williams all have shined this year. My prediction is this will be a Charles Scott game. Alabama has coffee and grant and some nice other runners but they dont compare to lsu's tandem. Advantage LSU

WR/TE - Doucet and Hall are both great. Lets say they cancel each other out. D Byrd has come up huge as of late. See the Auburn game. Tolliver has been as good as advertised. Lafell probably wont leave the bench much after his poor performance. Dickson has been a steady receiver at TE. Alabama's crew besides hall has not been on par with LSU's. Advantage LSU

OL - Alabama has given up 14 sacks this season. Lsu has given up 19 against much better competition. LSU run blocks better than Bama. Push

DL - Dorsey, Jackson, Favorite, Pittman and the rest have been called out in the media. They are ready to show who they are for the second half of the season. The fact that they are well rested does not bode well for JPW. Bama has gilberry and some nice players but cant compare to the best DL in the nation. Advantage LSU

LB's - Highsmith is a mid season All-american. Beckwith is highly rated as well. No Comparison here. Advantage LSU

DB's - Jackson and Zenon are the best CB tandem in the sec. Taylor has picked up where landry left off and Steltz has been great. Castille has been hyped up and is a solid player. The rest of the crew isnt as good. Advantage LSU

Special Teams - Bama has had better returns but teams have kicked away from holliday. See the Auburn game again with the dumb squib kicks. Colt Davis is 14-19 and Bama's kicker is 15-22. Push

Pelini vs. Applewhite - Pelini has more years under his belt. He has been called the best coordinator in all of america. Applewhite went to the same high school that produced Warrick Dunn, David Dellucci and Travis Minor. He learned from good coaches there and at Texas. I still think his youth hurts him in this battle. Advantage LSU

Crowton vs. Saban - Crowton has done a good job of spreading the wealth. LSU has so many weapons on offense and Crowton has called the right number a lot. Saban has had great defenses with aggresive blitzing schemes. Flynn has seen them in practice for 2 years. Sabans d does have holes. The Fade route and the rb slipping in the middle of the field are the 2 main ones. Push

Miles vs. Saban - Saban is more aggressive on D. Miles is more aggressive on O. Saban likes to sit on the lead. Miles likes to attack more. Sabans record when he was here.
8-4 Peach Bowl,
10-3 Sugar Bowl
8-5 Cotton Bowl (loss)
13-1 National Champs

Miles is 11-2 Peach bowl
11-2 Sugar Bowl
7-1

34-17 Auburn 2000, 41-9 to Florida in 2000, 13-10 UAB (not a blowout but an embarrassment)
44-15 Florida 2001,
2004 45-16 Georgia

Advantage Miles

Could you take the time to break down AP state and Michigan for us :lol: What you write or anyone for that matter means nothing.What happens on the field is all that will matter when the clock hits zero.

RollTideRandy said:
Guys, what he posted is not even correct. He said other than Castille, the rest of our DBs...

The rest of the crew isnt as good.

Kareem Jackson has been SEC defensive freshman of the week twice the season and last week CBS named Rashad Johnson one of the top ten impact players for the first half of the SEC season. I didn't see any LSU DBs on that list. Oh, but I guess he's right, our DBs are not very good. LSU has us beat there. :roll:

Your defense has given up 1789 yards passing and ours has given up 1285 against much better competition. I think i will take our secondary

Would also love to know how Lswho matched up with Kentucky.Would be willing to bet on your paper Lswho was the better team.If i remember correct Kentucky got the W and ya'll got the loss. :lol:

Also, call 100 random phone numbers and ask the person who answers if they would rather have Miles or Saban coaching their favorite football team and the VAST majority are going to say Saban. Not everyone lives in Louisiana. So please spare us any more of your Miles is better than Saban garbage. We all know if Saban had asked to come back to LSU in January, you LSU fans would have run Miles out of town fast than you can say Gumbo. Otherwise, why was this created by an LSU fan last year?

LesFireMilesLogo.jpg

We all know if Saban had asked to come back to LSU in January, you LSU fans would have run Miles out of town fast than you can say Gumbo.

Give me a break. There is no way we would have welcomed saban back. That is some rumor made up by bama fans to make themselves feel like they are getting what they are paying for.

bayoulsucajun said:

8-4 Peach Bowl,
10-3 Sugar Bowl
8-5 Cotton Bowl (loss)
13-1 National Champs

Miles is 11-2 Peach bowl
11-2 Sugar Bowl
7-1

44-15 Florida 2001,
2004 45-16 Georgia

Advantage Miles

i could point out several things to show that u have no clue what ur talking about but im only gonna point a cpl cause this is getting old with you...

the Flynn/JPW thing. u said JPW doesnt have what Flynn does...running ability, being able to pick up a first down with his feet and scramble. ummm have u watched an Alabama game? imo and im sure many others JP has more running ability than flynn and dont ever bring up that Periloux or however u spell it guy. ur coach needs to stop bringing him in, he did NOTHING against Auburn and all it does is interrupt the flow of the game when Flynn is going good. they are trying to hard to make him Tebow Jr.

again, have u watched ANY Alabama football? comparing LSU's receiving core with Alabama's and then saying its no comparison is really dumb. Matt Caddell, Kieth Brown, Nakita Stover, Mike McCoy, Nick Walker, and Will Oakley have all played great and u could combine ALL of their drops together and it wouldn't equal 2 of yalls receivers drops. and sorry buddy but DJ Hall & Doucett dont cancel each other out, Hall is playing lights out right now.

again u come with the special teams crap and how great Holliday and Jones are but AGAIN have u watched ANY Bama football? teams punt or kick to Arenas usually ONCE, he returns for huge yardage, then they refuse to kick to him the rest of the game. our return game and LSU's is no comparison, i dont recall seeing a big one from yall yet.

please, would you please, quit with all these damn comparisons, 10 reasons bama will lose, and all this crap. ur not an expert, ur biased like all of us on this site, lets just let em play next saturday and see what happens. ROLL TIDE!!!!

bayoulsucajun said:
if this is so ridiculous, tell me where i am wrong

Choosing Miles over Saban proves your lack of objectivity. If Miles was the better coach, y'all wouldn't have been whining, ringing hands and spewing venom since he took the Bama job. You take a coach from OK State, and we take a coach from the NFL with NC and conference championship credentials.

You look like Blanco and Nagin standing under a storm cloud.

RTR,

Tim

bayoulsucajun said:

Let's start with the qb position. Go back and rewatch the Auburn game. Les(s) and your OC consistently killed your team's offensive momentum everytime they brought Perrilouix in. I just could not figure out why they would keep doing it, unless Les(s) has simply been watching too many tapes of Urban Meyer's first year at Florida and thinks he must follow suit.

Perrilouix has thrown a total of five passes all year, so do you really believe Auburn thought he might actually throw one? All I know is that your offense becomes less dimensional with Perrilouix on the field.

Besides, he needs to learn to protect the football when he runs. Case in point: the crucial fumble he coughed up that stopped a drive and gave Auburn some momentum. Very costly mistake! He also tries too hard to make things happen, which occasionally comes back to bite him.

As far as Flynn goes: Put pressure on him and he's about as effective as a preacher trying to saving souls down on Bourbon Street. Tulane demonstrated that with 4 sacks, 10 hits, and a safety in the first half alone against Flynn. If Flynn gets comfortable the Tigers move the ball, but the veteran qb is not very veteran-like under pressure.

Wish I had time to go on, but I'm sure someone else will step in where I left off.

bayoulsucajun said:

Try this on for size. You'll see Alabama line up on offense with a 3 wide set, sometimes 4, sending DJ Hall into the inside slot and the RB or WR outside. It forces a mismatch on DJ which results in Alabama being able to move the ball.

Why do I think that? Because both UF and UK did it and did it successfully.

If Alabama gets into the red zone, they score.

Why? Because every time a team has made it in the red zone against LSU they've scored.

Sure, you have some great talent on defense. But, they've been playing without a lot of fundamental discipline for weeks now. Talent advantage? Sure. The question boils down to who plays with the most concentration and discipline.

A 14 point victory when over the last decade, one of our worst in history, the average game has been decided by a margin of around 5 pts.

We can win this game. LSU is going to be the favorite. LSU should win this game. But, it is by no means a given and by no means as big of a mis-match as you've described.

bayoulsucajun said:
We all know if Saban had asked to come back to LSU in January, you LSU fans would have run Miles out of town fast than you can say Gumbo.

Give me a break. There is no way we would have welcomed saban back. That is some rumor made up by bama fans to make themselves feel like they are getting what they are paying for.

Well, that is total BS, but I'll let you slide on it.

Honestly, why do you feel the need to come to a rival fan board and tell us that your team is better than ours? Do you think we don't know that we have a decent team but not a great team? Regardless of whether your comparisons are spot-on or totally ludicrous (I'd pick the latter personally), we all know that LSU is ranked third and competing for a NC. We have won some nail biters and every game is a hard-fought battle. We're doing great to be where we are and it's actually sad that you even feel the need to compare Bama to LSU all things considered. We know that LSU is better on paper, so save your breath (or keystrokes, as it were).

Maybe you're just a supremely insecure LSWho who feels the need to try and prove to everyone that you are better than they are. That sounds more likely. Are you sitting in your Mom's basement typing away in the dark with your Devo action figures looking on? I bet you're listening to Culture Club and petting your little hairless cat dreaming of Les Miles. It must be lonely in a swampy murky basement that stinks of gator turds and mothballs.

*EDIT*

Look, I found your picture!!

nerd46422fm3.jpg

Move on troll.

One thing you haven't noticed obviously is that Alabama's team has gotten better progressively throughout the season. LSU started out whipping butt and now they are becoming complacent. Kentucky wouldn't have beaten them in the first couple weeks of the season, but right about now? Yep. Same thing with Auburn...LSU would've blown them away early on.

Back
Top Bottom