| FTBL (Piggybacking off the Anderson/Young news) "The way you create value for yourself is to play football."

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Not just good news but a big statement. There was a good amount of pressure on them to skip the bowl... for them to make the commitment to play says a lot about what they're both about and a little something about the program in general too. I wouldn't have blamed them had they'd opted out, but I'm selfishly glad they didn't.

Not just good news but a big statement.
As you guys know I can't help but fall into rabbit holes watching people's reactions and comments on different media platforms. Stories like this one leave me shaking my head more often than not.

Meaningless bowl game crowd.

How-Do-You-like-them-Apples.jpg

It's been interesting watching rival fan bases react. Your expected number of trolls are chiming in but the majority of fans are tipping their hats to the Tide. I see a lot of references to culture.

My biggest takeaway comes in a question, "How do the NFL execs look at their decision?"

I suspect the majority think, "team mate." (And if you think about it, you see that on display each week in the NFL with our fellow alumni.)

It's been interesting watching rival fan bases react. Your expected number of trolls are chiming in but the majority of fans are tipping their hats to the Tide. I see a lot of references to culture.

My biggest takeaway comes in a question, "How do the NFL execs look at their decision?"

I suspect the majority think, "team mate." (And if you think about it, you see that on display each week in the NFL with our fellow alumni.)
Speaking of alumni and the NFL, I’m not sure there’s any school that has alumni that love the school as much as Bama players. Or outwardly love their school anyway

Speaking of alumni and the NFL, I’m not sure there’s any school that has alumni that love the school as much as Bama players. Or outwardly love their school anyway
It apesrs so...in our Crimson colored glasses......
Meaningless bowl game crowd.

Doesnt give value to bowls...gives value to bama , these players and this bowl...this time...
Remember the ones that could have gone in 2019...came back in 2020 to add value and win a championship...
Even if they dont play as much as regular season sec game...
Or dont come back in 23....

Kudos to them as team mates ...

It apesrs so...in our Crimson colored glasses......

Doesnt give value to bowls...gives value to bama , these players and this bowl...this time...
Remember the ones that could have gone in 2019...came back in 2020 to add value and win a championship...
Even if they dont play as much as regular season sec game...
Or dont come back in 23....

Kudos to them as team mates ...
@50+yeartidefan have to disagree with you on this, it at least gives value to this bowl - More eyes watching with our without BY and WA?

Indeed kudos to them as team mates. I am glad these guys put team and program above themselves. Here is hoping they go show out and there are no injuries!!!!

Thank you to BY and WA for being about bama and team first the way it should be regardless of what the new gen people say!!!! I believe this sais Bama and Bama players are different as I believe they are and what makes the difference from ALL other programs. The Bama standard is not like everyone elses at least in my view. Something makes the Bama program the greatness that it is and I think it starts with these intangibles related to character.

I think this solidifies the #1 pick for one of them. And maybe #2 for the other due to these actions. You want that on your team, especially with so much money and investment involved. You don't have to question those guys like you did a Thibodeaux last year.

Says A LOT about those two young men and a testament to their character. There is a reason they were chosen as permanent team captains last year and this year. They are leaders! The culture that our program shows, TEAM is bigger than me/ no I in team.

I think this solidifies the #1 pick for one of them. And maybe #2 for the other due to these actions. You want that on your team, especially with so much money and investment involved. You don't have to question those guys like you did a Thibodeaux last year.

People with lots of money (NFL owners) look for characteristics in leadership beyond money. They, of all people, know all the money in the world doesn't have staying power for high character leadership.

I’m very excited they have chosen to play, if that’s the case. I was looking forward to seeing Ty get some meaningful snaps, but I’d rather see Young get some more snaps before he leaves. He’s so smooth to watch.

On a side note, I imagine the bowl game sponsors are pleased our guys are not opting out.

These players are playing in this game because it means something to them. It's only meaningless in some fans' eyes; who are watching a game that's not about them, shouldn't even be considered to be about them, but about the players on the field.
Right gives value to THIS game for sure because of quality of players that could opt out. And difnt

As opposed to other bowls

Back
Top Bottom