| FTBL People leaving the game early?

flying Elephant

Verified Member
Watching the CNS show Saban commented about people leaving the game early the past couple weeks. I was very disappointed some of my friends left early in Jacksonville only to see us almost come back.
Why are people leaving?

i would say more than half of the student section was gone before the second quarter got underway. Of course most of the fans were leaving because of the heat and they thought we had the game well in hand

From what I heard, it was pretty hot out and alot of the stadium left before the game was over. In the students defense it was homecoming so all the parties and festivities were weighing heavily on their minds.

True about the students and people did leave at the half and in the 3rd but there was people also leaving when it was 30-24 to I think the ones that left early thought it was over and the ones that left in the 4th thought we was going to lose

If Coach Saban is noticing fans leaving, it must be very noticable.

AT is right though, my friend told me that a lot of people left from his section because it was so hot. :?

We left the FSU game early because the in-laws wanted to get a headstart and beat the gridlock. (The inlaws I refer to were FSU fans, and even they were pretty fed up with the FSU crowd at times and made the comment they were scared to share the same road with them).

The only good thing about the fans leaving early is that means much less traffic afterwards... but I give everyone hell when they leave early :)

Tider 27 said:
If Coach Saban is noticing fans leaving, it must be very noticable.

AT is right though, my friend told me that a lot of people left from his section because it was so hot. :?

Yeah, once we got in the sun at halftime folks were complaining about the heat, but it wasn't as warm as early season games. A number of folks must not have seen the weather forecast - I saw a bunch of folks in sweaters.

Anyone who looked at the main scoreboard (not just Saban) could tell the students were checking out early. That's typical for homecoming, but the quick start and big lead early contributed to it, too.

RTR,

Tim

I would say about 85-90 percent of the student section was gone by late fourth quarter. Pretty sad when Houston was trying to score into that part of the field for the win.

The lady who has the seats in front of ours left early during the Arkansas game, and we one. Yet, she stayed until the end of the Georgia game. So, Saturday, with about 5 minutes to go, she looks around at me and says,"Last time I left early we one, so I'm gonna try it again. See you next game." :lol:

Not to ruffle any feathers, but I have been to a fair amount of Alabama football games (having been born and raised in Tuscaloosa) and I have NEVER NEVER NEVER N E V E R left a football game early. Not when we were up big, not when we were down big. Not when it was freezing and not when it was sweltering.

If you go to the game people, STAY. It looks bad on us as Alabama fans to leave early.

Why go if you are not there to WATCH THE GAME.

And another thing...while I am on my soapbox......WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IS EVERYONE UPSET WITH A WIN!!??

I saw the same game you did. I saw us almost blow another huge lead. I saw the problems that you saw....but am I the ONLY one who saw us BEAT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM?!

We WON THE GAME!! It is the people like my brother, who was upset with our win, that give Alabama fans a bad name. Houston is a good team. They have shown that this year. We are in a REBUILDING, FIRST YEAR COACH year. Other than a FEW players...we really have not got any stars. We are playing with Shulas team not Sabans....yet.

It is a proccess.

Most of you know me and I seldom loose my cool on the forum. I am not trying to flame or upset some of you...but GET OVER IT!! WE WON THE GAME!! This is a proccess. Given many of the fans reaction in the last two weeks...I am sincerely afraid our FREAK fans are going to scare Coach Saban away.

I can only hope that does not happen.

I talked to my friend who works on some of the ambulances during gameday and he said that most of their calls on saturday were due to heat. We should never leave a game like we left it on Saturday. The team needed us there. I bet Saban would've been a lot more mad about people leaving should we have lost. However, if there were any defense to leaving the game early, it would be that it was extremelly hot. For those that left early, some dedicated people would very much like to have your seats.

Leaving the games early is nothing new. I remember the upset game against LA Tech at Legion Field. Their quarterback said our fans leaving early inspired them to put together the come from behind drive. There is nothing anyone can do about the fans leaving early.

bpcolburn said:
I talked to my friend who works on some of the ambulances during gameday and he said that most of their calls on saturday were due to heat. We should never leave a game like we left it on Saturday. The team needed us there. I bet Saban would've been a lot more mad about people leaving should we have lost. However, if there were any defense to leaving the game early, it would be that it was extremelly hot. For those that left early, some dedicated people would very much like to have your seats.

Good lord it's not like it was 105 degrees with a heat index of 115. People in their 20's should be able to handle 90 degree weather. The sun was down a good bit by the 3rd quarter so stop making excuses for the lame asses that left. The last time I sat in the student section a third of the students could care less about the game. They were too busy talking to buds and hotties. They should donate their tickets to someone who wants to be there.

Swamptick said:
Not to ruffle any feathers, but I have been to a fair amount of Alabama football games (having been born and raised in Tuscaloosa) and I have NEVER NEVER NEVER N E V E R left a football game early. Not when we were up big, not when we were down big. Not when it was freezing and not when it was sweltering.

If you go to the game people, STAY. It looks bad on us as Alabama fans to leave early.

Why go if you are not there to WATCH THE GAME.

And another thing...while I am on my soapbox......WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD IS EVERYONE UPSET WITH A WIN!!??

I saw the same game you did. I saw us almost blow another huge lead. I saw the problems that you saw....but am I the ONLY one who saw us BEAT A GOOD FOOTBALL TEAM?!

We WON THE GAME!! It is the people like my brother, who was upset with our win, that give Alabama fans a bad name. Houston is a good team. They have shown that this year. We are in a REBUILDING, FIRST YEAR COACH year. Other than a FEW players...we really have not got any stars. We are playing with Shulas team not Sabans....yet.

It is a proccess.

Most of you know me and I seldom loose my cool on the forum. I am not trying to flame or upset some of you...but GET OVER IT!! WE WON THE GAME!! This is a proccess. Given many of the fans reaction in the last two weeks...I am sincerely afraid our FREAK fans are going to scare Coach Saban away.

I can only hope that does not happen.

Do it Swamptick!

;w;w

Bones82 said:
bpcolburn said:

Good lord it's not like it was 105 degrees with a heat index of 115. People in their 20's should be able to handle 90 degree weather. The sun was down a good bit by the 3rd quarter so stop making excuses for the lame asses that left. The last time I sat in the student section a third of the students could care less about the game. They were too busy talking to buds and hotties. They should donate their tickets to someone who wants to be there.

QFT!! It was not THAT hot on Saturday. Moreover, it was not very humid at all compared to TRUE summer. The fans who left were fairweather fans in the true sense of the word. Fans like that give us a bad name. It is THOSE fans that think we should replace any coach as soon as he looses a few games.

Makes me sick.

Back
Top Bottom