| NEWS Pat McAfee joining ESPN’s ‘College GameDay’ full-time

That would be an improvement over last week's hip hop concert and new "talent." Thamel wasn't bad. The lady acted like she was trying to host a game show on BET.

I watched all of ten minutes of the show, which was a part where she was on and it was a terrible look in my mind. You go from Maria Taylor to her? I think it just showed how great Maria is and how professional she is as well, atleast to me. Was the rest of the show garbage too? I noticed last year they decided to add what felt like 20 more people to the intro song, which sucks now as well.

I watched all of ten minutes of the show, which was a part where she was on and it was a terrible look in my mind. You go from Maria Taylor to her? I think it just showed how great Maria is and how professional she is as well, atleast to me. Was the rest of the show garbage too? I noticed last year they decided to add what felt like 20 more people to the intro song, which sucks now as well.
Their picks, one of the few redeeming qualities of the show, was horrible! He literally knew nothing about these games and knows nothing about college football. He's a freakin' hip-hop guy for teeny-boppers

Their picks, one of the few redeeming qualities of the show, was horrible! He literally knew nothing about these games and knows nothing about college football. He's a freakin' hip-hop guy for teeny-boppers

Yep, they seem to not be very quick on the realization that their bits are getting old in ways. The celebrity guest picker seems to be one of those points (not always associated with the school). The other is the continuation of bringing in new people like this new chick and forcing segments on us that are for lack of a better term "forced" into the show to make it three hours long. As much as I loved Maria, I felt she was forced into the show to give it diversity on multiple levels, but it was stale and time filler. She would have been great doing reporting with the teams like she did rather than sitting on that fake field set and wasting minutes. The sad segment of the show, it's a tough one to watch at times, sometimes rewarding, but I wonder if the ebs and flows are just too much anymore for a college football show. I don't wake up on a Saturday excited about a day off and some football to get upset and having to recover.

Knock it back to two hours, take the guest picker off, get rid of Corso, get rid of the massive team they are featuring, and work closer with the coaches like they have done/currently doing that are involved in the on-campus game are a few changes I would make. I think Pollack needs to come in for Corso full time, and Corso be done. I like the main team still as much as Desmond is crazy and still can't say Bulldogs (Boodahgs) properly. Change the intro music as well and be somewhat wholesome and not add fifty different people in a 30 second intro.

Jack Harlow, who is he? The picker they wanted couldn't be there. So what will these guys do, get him on face to face! We all know who it will be Matthew McConaughey!

Growing up, I was the kid that had ESPN on 100% of the time. Loved Sports Center. Haven’t watched it in years. Loved the NBA. Haven’t watched it in years. Haven’t caught a “Gameday” in probably 3-4 years….used to watch it religiously.

ESPN and much of the sports world lost touch years ago.
On Saturday morning when you're just itching to see the first game of the day to kickoff and you find yourself 'jonesing' for just a little football where do you go?

I'll flip back and forth between SECN and FOX Saturday morning. I don't think FOX has a good show but this year I'm thinking it's going to be "inject this in my veins."

On Saturday morning when you're just itching to see the first game of the day to kickoff and you find yourself 'jonesing' for just a little football where do you go?

I'll flip back and forth between SECN and FOX Saturday morning. I don't think FOX has a good show but this year I'm thinking it's going to be "inject this in my veins."
If I watch any of the pregame shows it’s SECN. I’ll usually keep an eye on “where” gameday is.

Back
Top Bottom